Retailers shun code of practice
- Net gains? // Chain Store Age;Oct97 Supplement Retail, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the Internet as a retail channel in United States. Expectations for Internet sales; Key to the progress of some retailers in the Internet; Suggested strategies for Net success.
- Electronic Retailing News. // Chain Store Age;Oct98, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p200
Reports on developments in electronic retailing worldwide as of October 1998. Sports channel ESPN's opening of its own store on the Internet; Teamup between Office Depot and Trilogy Software to introduce an electronic commerce solution for business customers; Total number of on-line buyers;...
- Affiliate programs expand Web presence. Hanover, Dan // Chain Store Age;Oct98, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p200
Reports on how on-line affiliate programs are helping retailers increase sales. Recruitment of Internet partners to help sell a retailer's merchandise on foreign Web sites; Details of Barnesandnoble.com's online book-selling operation; Types of products that sell on Web sites.
- Web retail exchange simplifies trading and reduces costs. Parks, Liz // Drug Store News;4/24/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p58
Focuses on World Wide Retail Exchange, a Web-based marketplace that will enable transactions between food, drug and general merchandise retailers. Statement from Tom Ryan, chairman and chief executive officer of CVS; Details on retail trading exchanges; Expectations on the World Wide Retail...
- The Threat of Virtual Retail. Welanetz, Robert F. // Mortgage Banking;Sep99, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p94
Examines the impact of the growing market of Internet retailing on shopping centers and real estate business in the United States. Origin of Internet retailing; Projected growth of Internet retailing; Factors that contributed to the market performance of shopping centers.
- Dot-coms scourged by glitches. Pascale, Moira // Catalog Age;Mar2000, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p55
Reports on the negative image of electronic commerce during the 1999 holiday season due to inventory and fulfillment problems suffered by several Internet retailers. Inability of some toy catalog companies to deliver orders in time for Christmas; Argument of certain entities that merchants were...
- WHERE ARE ALL THE SHOPPERS? E-tailing Lessons for the Asia Pacific. Burton, Suzan // Quarterly Journal of Electronic Commerce;2002, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p331
Presents a study that analyzed potential reasons behind the limited success of online shopping in Asia. Investigation of the challenges posed by the growth of Internet retailing; Examination of possible warning signs regarding consumer patronage of Internet shopping; Implications of the warning...
- E-tailing sales: Data privacy is seen as key. Seckler, Valerie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/25/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 39, p2
Reports on a study conducted by NFO Interactive which shows that privacy of data is the top concern of potential electronic commerce clients of retail companies. Key attributes of a retail World Wide Web site that would entice customers to purchase online; Additional factors that would trigger...
- Internet outlook: Partly sunny. Seckler, Valerie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/17/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 55, p31
Details the outlook of executives who surveyed retailing's future on the Internet, during a conference by Goldman Sachs & Co. Benefits of electronic commerce to the apparel business; Apparel items that will benefit from electronic selling; Projected growth of retail sales on the Internet.