Furniture team in reshuffle at M&S
- M&S: No Home roll-out. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Nov/Dec97, Issue 137, p6
States that Marks and Spencers (M&S) ruled out the possibility of a national roll-out of M&S Home, its homewares concept. Comment of M&S chairman on the Home store in York, England; Lessons learned by the company; Sales of the company; Financial status of the company.
- Quality must still rule the way. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/2/2001, Issue 5262, p1
Comments on the impact of the management of director James Benfield on Mark and Spencer's home furnishing industry in Great Britain. Effect on the labor cost on the Christie-Tyler management structure; Considerations on the difficulties of cabinet strategy execution; Focus on the market share...
- Marks & Spencer may regret its role as retailing's Citizen Kane. Bullmore, Jeremy // Marketing (00253650);7/1/1999, p18
Comments on British retailer Marks & Spencer. Disaster resulting from refusal to change and adapt to changing market conditions; Fallibility; Good news for customers.
- Knickers to Ikea. Roberts, Jane // Estates Gazette;6/15/2002, Issue 224, p57
Reports on the business expansions of British retailer Marks & Spencer into the food and home furnishings market in 2002. Description of the home furnishings stores; Priorities of the managing property team of the company; Set up in stores that sell food.
- Marketer's diary. // Marketing (00253650);7/7/2004, p28
This article presents information about various conference related to the marketing industry as of July 2004. Marketing's Older, Richer, Wiser conference, The Dorchester, London is scheduled to be held in July 8, 2004. July 10th is the scheduled date for port Relief, the British Broadcasting...
- M&S introduces eco-schoolwear. // Marketing (00253650);6/13/2007, p2
The article informs that Marks & Spencer PLC is extending its green credentials with a range of school clothing made from recycled plastic bottles. It is stated that this launch is part of the company's "Plan A" commitment to help customers reduce their impact on the environment and ensure that...
- When Goliaths start wobbling. Heller, Robert // Management Today;Jun99, p34
Analyzes management problems experienced by British company Marks & Spencer and American firm Levi Strauss. Garnering of accolades for managerial excellence; Report of massive lay-offs despite benevolent practices; Inadequacy of information systems in bringing about changes; Necessity of human...
- M&S needs to regain its middle class sensibilities. Murray, Iain // Marketing Week;5/20/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p74
Focuses on the business performance of Marks and Spencer Group PLC in Great Britain. Details on the criticisms of various consumers on the products of the company; Factors affecting the revenue growth of the firm; Increase on the level of competition.
- M&S suffers yet another sales fall. // Cabinet Maker;10/15/2004, Issue 5410, p5
Reports on the decrease of the sales of Marks and Spencer Group PLC for the year 2004 in Great Britain. Impact of economic downturn on the business performance of the firm; Decrease on the number of retailers; Increase on the level of competition.