Flammability regulations save 700 lives
- Minister confirms furniture industry support for fire safety regulations. // Cabinet Maker;7/1/2011, Issue 5744, p10
The article reports on the support of the British government for the implementation of the Furniture and Furnishings Fire Safety Regulations as confirmed by Employment Relations Minister Ed Davey.
- Chemtura files a legal challenge to Calif. standard. Denny, Jane // Plastics News;2/3/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p0009
The article discusses the TB 117-2013 standard that would eliminate a mandated test for upholstered furniture open flame resistance in California in 2015, reporting that the chemical manufacturing company Chemtura Corp. is seeking a judicial review in an attempt to reinstate the requirement as...
- Possible changes to furniture fire safety regulations. // Cabinet Maker;8/15/2014, Issue 5897, p10
The article reports on the potential change of the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 in Great Britain to lessen the use of harmful fire retardant chemicals while keeping fire safety.
- Flammability update ditched. // Cabinet Maker;7/5/2002, Issue 5294, p3
Reports the abandonment of the plans to update the fire safety ruling in the Furniture and Furnishing Regulations by the Department of Trade and Industry in Great Britain. Reason for letting the regulations remain; Views of Consumer Affairs Minister Melanie Johnson about implementation.
- Burnet County burn ban back. Persinger, Hailey // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/1/2009, Vol. 137 Issue 26, p1A
The article reports on the move of the commissioners of Burnet County, Texas to reissue a nationwide burn ban.
- Burn ban remains locally, expands to countywide. Magee, Keith // East Bernard Express (TX);8/8/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 32, p1
The article focuses on the reinstatement of the burn ban in Wharton County, Texas as the county's Keetch-Byram Drought Index (KBDI) reached 560 on August 8, 2013.
- L.A. City Council approves fire safety. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;9/30/94, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the approval by the Los Angeles City Council of fire safety rules for filming. Establishment of a spot-check program; Cost of the spot-checking program; Positive reaction from theatrical feature, television and commercial production companies.
- Commissioners issue countywide burn ban. Martin, Tracy // Malakoff News (TX);7/12/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 28, p1
The article reports on the countywide ban on outdoor burning implemented in Henderson County, Texas through July 23, 2013 due to extreme fire danger brought by the hot and dry condition across the county.
- Out of the Box. // Ideal Home & Garden;Jun2015, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p94
The article features several home furnishings and lighting solutions available at home furnishings store The Purple Store in Bengaluru, India.