- Inherent Foundation. deMontravel, Jacqueline // Romantic Homes;Oct2015, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p6
The article offers the author's insights regarding the several factors which influenced her of being an interior home designer, mentioning the film "Baby Boom," the book "Year in Provence," and an inherent quality of beatifying passion.
- My SPACE. // Belle;Feb/Mar2013, p65
An interview with Country Road managing director Sophie Holt is presented. Holt shares she never bring work home as she like to spend her spare time with her three children. When asked when her work influence the design of her home, she admits it absolutely affects her home as there is a shared...
- STYLE FILE. Bender, Jackie // Crain's Chicago Business;7/22/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p0027
An interview with Kara Mann, owner of an interior design firm named after herself in Chicago, Illinois, is presented. When asked to describe her work uniform, she cites that it is always black because she is comfortable with the color and it is suitable for her daily tasks. She explains how her...
- Store appearance counts. // Marketing News;4/22/96, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the results of a study by marketing researchers at the University of Buffalo concerning supermarkets and shopping. The study suggested that wider aisles and brighter colors in a supermarket may not only make shopping a more pleasant experience for consumers, they also may...
- THE 2003 HOUSE BEAUTIFUL CELEBRITY SHOWHOUSE. Campbell, Virginia // House Beautiful;Feb2004, Vol. 146 Issue 2, p58
Discusses how several interior designers decorate several houses for the 2003 Celebrity Showhouse of "House Beautiful" magazine.
- 1999 top one hundred interior design giants. Davidsen, Judith // Interior Design;Jan99, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p74
Presents the top interior design firms in the United States. Firm name; Interior design fees; Projects to be completed in 1999.
- Market. Frankel, Elana // Interior Design;Jun2000, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p76
Presents several product summaries relating to interior decoration. Chuck Comeau, the businessman and designer behind Dessin Fournir, ClassicCloth, C.S. Post & Co., and Gerard; DesignTex's One Plus One program; Filipino interior designer Antonio "Budji" Layug.
- LOVE HATE. // Interior Design;Dec2000, Vol. 71 Issue 15, p84
Recalls the high and low points of interior design in the United States in 2000. Views of top and opinionated interior design professionals in the U.S.; Good and bad advertising campaigns in 2000; Ratings for television programs.
- 2000 design diary. // Interior Design;Dec2000, Vol. 71 Issue 15, p106
Focuses on the people, places, projects and products that defined the interior design sector of the United States in 2000. Multivalent factors that shaped designs created by interior decorators; Indication of creativity levels in the design industry amidst the economic prosperity enjoyed by the...