- MT bucks the trend. // Cabinet Maker;10/30/98, Issue 5112, p4
Reports on the consistent performance of furniture upholstery firm Michael Tyler (MT) despite a general decline in the retail industry sales in Great Britain. Forecasted sales revenue of the company in 1998; Reason for the decline in the sales of the low-end segment of the industry.
- The shape of things to come. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;08/04/2000, Issue 5199, p12
Discusses how modern upholstery firm Michael Tyler keeps finding new ways to stay ahead of the game. Products offered by the company; Growth strategy.
- Dark and moody. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/14/2005, Issue 5460, p24
Presents an interview with Michael Tyler managing director Malcolm Nix on how the company struggles in the stiff competition in the furniture market in Great Britain. Assertion on the need for a unique design that will please consumers; Views on the impact of new marketing schemes on the...
- Complementary territory. Munro, Caroline // Cabinet Maker;4/11/2008, Issue 5583, p32
The article reports that Natuzzi and Michael Tyler, top designer furniture companies in Great Britain, have created leather sofas by combining leather and fabric. Natuzzi has launched its Alcantara Elegance velvety microfibre fabric, as well as London, a two-tone metallic fabric, which are both...
- Shop window. // Cabinet Maker;1/31/2003, Issue 5322, p8
Introduces several house furnishings. Design of the Olympian 1400 bed from Airsprung Beds; Description of the Baxter sofa from the Atrium Collection of Michael Tyler Furniture; Elegance of the bedroom style Boston from the Hepplewhite Collection of Hammonds.
- Pohjanmann Kaluste: vertical integration. // Cabinet Maker;7/13/2001, Issue 5246, p26
Focuses on Pohjanmann Kaluste, an upholstery manufacturer in Finland. Export of leather upholstery to Great Britain; Evidence of vertical integration in the factory with solid wood frames manufactured in house; Production level of the company.
- THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY. // Cabinet Maker;4/24/2009, Issue 5634, p20
The article profiles Lebus, an upholstery company in Lincolnshire, England. It points that although others are still wading through the downturn, it is celebrating the upturn of its export business in April 2009. It states that its great business advantages, is having a very prolific design and...
- Palliser receives 2003 Canada Export Award. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;2/16/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p44
Reports that the Winnipeg, Manitoba-based upholstery retailer Palliser Furniture was one of 12 Canadian companies who received a 2003 Canada Export Award. Opening of a third factory in Mexico to make leather motion upholstery; Growth in leather motion sales due to growth in motion, home theater...
- Strong growth in Europe at Chinese sofa group. // Cabinet Maker;6/7/2013, Issue 5839, p10
The article reports that the export sales in Europe of the upholstery manufacturer Man Wah Holdings Ltd. grew by 24.5% from the sales of 511 million Hong Kong dollars from 2012.