The stone that saved the Erie Railroad
- CHAPTER X: THE SECOND STAGE OF THE GOULD FORTUNE. Myers, Gustavus // Great Fortunes from Railroads;1/1/1910, p137
Chapter 10 of the book "Great Fortunes from Railroads," by Gustavus Myers is presented. It examines the malpractices in the construction of the Erie Railroad in the U.S. and discusses the deceiving efforts of capitalist Cornelius Vanderbilt to get control of the Erie Railroad. Moreover, it...
- 1915 Tunkhannock Viaduct Is the Largest Concrete Bridge. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/01/99, Vol. 242 Issue 9, p30
Recounts the design and construction of the Tunkhannock Creek Viaduct at Nicholson, Pennsylvania. Construction plan for the viaduct; Tool used for the construction; Description of the viaduct.
- Lost in Davy Jones locker. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/14/94, Vol. 232 Issue 7, p11
Recounts an accident involving the disappearance of a viaduct en route to Norway into the ocean. Physical dimensions of steel box girder; Time of accident; Damage caused by the accident.
- Viaduct of the past will carry trains of the future. Cho, Aileen // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/09/98, Vol. 240 Issue 6, p22
Presents information on the use of an old type of viaduct to be a train track. Details on how this will be done; Where the viaduct is located; Identification of the companies involved in the project to improve the viaduct for more use by trains; How much the contract is worth.
- Lincoln builds first heated pedestrian viaduct. Cress, Milo D.; Imig, Al // Public Roads;Autumn94, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p5
Features the pedestrian viaduct in Lincoln, Nebraska. Background on the construction of the viaduct; Design; Physical description; Features of the deck heating system.
- Bridge in the Clouds. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;1/24/2005, Vol. 73 Issue 13, p3
Presents information on the Millau Viaduct in France.
- The world's tallest bridge? // International Construction;Jan1997, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the construction of Millau Viaduct in Tarn River Valley in France. Design by a consortium of architects; Optimal span length of structures; Height of deck expansion; Range of columns and decks.
- DOWN UNDER. // Atlanta;Aug2010, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p24
The article provides an answer to a question related to underground viaducts in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Loughor progress. // Modern Railways;Dec2012, Vol. 69 Issue 771, p20
A photograph of the Loughor viaduct in Wales, which is under an improvement project, is presented.