Naturalist & Legend
- On My Radar. // Ontario Out of Doors;Jun2010, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p4
In this article the author talks about the latest edition of the bird book "A Field Guide to the Birds," by Roger Tory Peterson, which has more paintings of birds, along with updated information and illustrations.
- gentle giant. Kaufman, Kenn // Audubon;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p70
The article focuses on the success of the book "Field Guide to the Birds," by Roger Tory Peterson. The book was published in 1934. The book has been in print ever since and sales of various editions of Peterson's bird guides run to more than seven million copies. The influence of Peterson as an...
- Where Bird-Watching Began. Thompson, Craig // New York State Conservationist;Aug2008, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p7
The article focuses on the Hundred Acre Lot, a park featuring various flora and fauna in Jamestown, New York. The Hundred Acre Lot and its adjacent Moon Brook are said to have become one of the favorite place of young bird watchers. It is noted that the late naturalist Roger Tory Peterson honed...
- BIRD NERD LIBRARY ESSENTIALS. // Saturday Evening Post;May/Jun2013, Vol. 285 Issue 3, p55
The article reviews bird watching books including "The Sibley Guide to Birds," by David Allen Sibley, the "Kaufman Field Guide to Birds of North America: The Easiest Guides for Fast Identification," by Kenn Kaufman, "National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America, 6th Edition,"...
- Rara avis. Richardson, Elliott; Levin, Sey // Yankee;Sep95, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p50
Profiles naturalist and artist Roger Tory Peterson. Love of birds; Teaching career.
- A field guide to Roger Tory Peterson. // Country Journal;Dec85, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p34
In 1934, Peterson revolutionized the art of bird watching with his guidebook `Field Guide to the Birds.' A look here at Peterson's life and the process used to put together his Peterson Field Guides.
- THE BIRDMAN OF AMERICA. Dorning, Amy Weaver // Town & Country;Aug2008, Vol. 161 Issue 5539, p38
The article presents information on events to be held on the 100th birthday of naturalist, artist, and environmentalist Roger Tory Peterson.
- Roger Tory Peterson. Line, Les // National Wildlife (World Edition);Oct/Nov96, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p62
Pays tribute to artist and ornithologist Roger Tory Peterson, who passed away on July 28, 1996. Accomplishments as editor of `The Peterson Field Guide' periodical; Highlights of Peterson's career; Development of an innovative bird-identification method that became the standard for all nature...
- Save the birds! Peterson, Robert // Boys' Life;Mar1997, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p28
Profiles ornithologist Roger Tory Peterson. Peterson's two most famous books entitled `A Field Guide to the Birds' and `A Field Guide to Western Birds'; Peterson's achievement; How Peterson's system for identifying birds in his guidebooks was used during the World War II; Peterson's love of...