Logos and Kratos: Gramsci and the Ancients on Hegemony
- GRAMSCI E O ESTADO: PARA UMA RELEITURA DO PROBLEMA. Medici, Rita // Revista de Sociologia e PolÃtica;2007, Issue 29, p31
Our intention is to present a re-reading of the problem of the State in Gramsci's thought, in the wake of Massimo Salvadori and Christine Buci-Gluksmann now-classic analyses, guided by our conviction that Gramsci's supposedly perfect alignment to the Marxist perspective on the extinction of the...
- Ideology and Hegemony. Woodfin, Rupert // Introducing Marxism;9/ 1/2004, p120
The article discusses the concept of ideology as defined by Karl Marx and hegemony as a term coined by Marxist philsopher Antonio Gramsci. It is said that Marx designates ideology to mean false consciousness. With hegemony, Gramsci says that economics and physical force by themselves can not...
- Cairo, Guercino, Subleyras. Proposte attributive tra Torino e Milano. Bozzo, Gianni // Studi Piemontesi;
The article discusses art works by Italian Baroque painter Giovanni Francesco Barbieri, known as Guercino;17th century Italian painter Francesco Cairo, and 18th century French painter Pierre Subleyras, who was active during the late-Baroque and early-Neoclassic period, mainly in Italy. Topics...
- Radical Legacies: Antonio Gramsci and Contemporary American Politics. Seybold, Peter // Humanity & Society;Nov2013, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p286
This article seeks to introduce some of the basic concepts that Antonio Gramsci developed and apply them to recent American politics. It especially looks at political consciousness in the United States and it contradictions and argues that Gramsciâ€™s concept of hegemony is useful in...
- Reticenze e diversivi nel dibattito attuale su Gramsci critico dello stalinismo, delle Â«confessioniÂ» e di Togliatti. Bergami, Giancarlo // Studi Piemontesi;giu2013, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p175
The article discusses the work and political philosophy of Italian theorist Antonio Gramsci, focusing on the issues of Stalinism, the concept of confession, and Italian Communist Party leader Palmiro Togliatti. Topics discussed include background on the life and thought of Gramsci, reflections...
- Gramsci and the current debate on multicultural education. Apitzsch, Ursula // Studies in the Education of Adults;Oct93, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p136
Discusses the concept and politics of the multicultural society. Relevance of Antonio Gramsci's ideas on culture and multiculturalism; Migration and culture; Critic of `understanding the alien' as `intracultural reductionism'; Cultures as elements in the development of `civilta.'
- Lenin, Gramsci, and Marzani. Phelps, Christopher // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Nov95, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p53
Comments on the article `Memories of Carl Marzani,' by Percy Brazil, published in the March 1995 issue of `Monthly Review.' Significance of Carl Marzani's work on Antonio Gramsci.
- Gramsci and creating a world anew. Brown, Trent // Green Left Weekly;9/30/2009, Issue 812, p10
In this article the author reflects on the significant contributions of the Italian Marxist Antonio Gramsci on the promotion of the concepts of hegemony.
- THE GRAMSCI MONUMENT. TAVECCHIA, ELENA // Flash Art International;Oct2013, Vol. 46 Issue 292, p52
The article offers a review of the "Gramsci Monument," an installation and program of events organized by the artist Thomas Hirschhorn. The program, held at a city housing project in the Bronx, New York, is dedicated to the work of the Italian political theorist Antonio Gramsci.