Make your change as good as the rest
- How to: write a great CV. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/18/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4632, p64
The article offers tips on writing a Curriculam Vitae (CV) or resumes. The first thing to remember is that it should tell everything quickly, clearly and simply in an active and animated language. One should see that it is not too long and never be more than a couple of pages of A4. One should...
- Your reÃ©sumeÃ© is a sales document, so make sure it's selling. Fitzpatrick, Kevin // Central Penn Business Journal;6/12/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p11
The article offers suggestions for professionals on how to prepare an effective rÃ©sumÃ© to get a face-to-face interview with the initial decision maker in employment. It states that a rÃ©sumÃ© should balance qualitative and quantitative attributes and make an objective presentation of...
- HOW TO ... Get Ahead. CLARK, KIM; POPPICK, SUSIE; HARTMANN, V.L.; INGLIS, JEFF; JOHNSTON, SUSAN; KILHAM, AUSTIN; LEE, CHRISTINE // Money;Jul2013, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p61
The article presents tips on career development. Todd Carlisle, staffing director at Internet company Google advises tailoring one's rÃ©sumÃ© to the position one is applying for and make sure to have it checked for errors by five people. Marci Alboher, vice president at Encore.org suggests...
- Next moveâ€¦ for a hotel general manager. Johnson, Johnny // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/23/2005, Vol. 194 Issue 4379, p72
Presents an advice for a hotel general manager who plans to move into account management or sales and marketing in the hospitality business. Strategies in creating a curriculum vitae that will highlight the skills and job experience.
- Here are some New Year's resolutions for your career. Werksman, William // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);1/2/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p15
The article offers advice for employees on achieving the goals for the career. It is important to evaluate the career potential available in the given job. Some factors to consider in assessing one's market value include the current compensation being received compared to peers in the...
- IN SEARCH OF A DESK. Weddle, Peter D. // Financial Executive;May/Jun95, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p64
The article discusses career trends of the future. Workers entering the job market in 1995 could experience up to 20 job changes during their careers. Careers will be increasingly marked by assignments and expertise rather than by employers. Workers should be constantly upgrading their skill...
- Electronic ResumÃ©s Are Crucial Advancement Tools. Ransom, Scott // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr2002, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p104
Focuses on the significance of electronic resum Ã© to career development. Description of the traditional resum eacute; Ideas on the preparation of an electronic resum eacute; Format options offered in commercial resum Ã© software.
- HOW TO JOB HUNTâ€¦FROM WORK. Corrin, Tanya // Glamour;Jan2006, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p77
The article provides tips on how to job hunt while still keeping one's present employer. First of all, hide your tracks, never use company phone or electronic mail to network. Also, never vent to a prospective employer. If asked why you want to leave your position, play it cool and safe. And be...
- Outsiders inside guide to… changing jobs. Meylan, Greg // New Zealand Doctor;4/6/2005, p39
Offers ideas on career changes. Factors that need to be considered in selecting jobs; Ways to deal with failure to get a job; Psychological aspects of resigning from work.