- ADR expansion: train up or exit. Semple, Jack // Motor Transport;9/18/2003, p3
Reports on the warnings of big changes following the extension of alternative dispute resolution law (ADR) in March 2004 in Great Britain. Prediction made by Christian Salvesen on operators; Concern of sectors less familiar with ADR; Total cost of the extension of ADR.
- The Financial List could work for London - if it gets the balance right. Warren-Smith, Chris // Lawyer (Online Edition);9/21/2015, p1
The author comments on England being a global financial centre and companies choosing English courts to resolve litigation relating to complex financial transactions.
- UNILATERAL JURISDICTION AGREEMENTS IN EUROPE. Fentiman, Richard // Cambridge Law Journal;Mar2013, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p24
The article offers information on the purpose, benefits, and significance of the unilateral or contractual jurisdiction agreements under the English law, which are non-exclusive clauses for settling disputes between the commercial parties with reference to the decision in Ms X v. Banque...
- Training Day. Donald, Carrie G.; Ralston, John D. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Aug-Oct2002, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p56
Provides information on the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and different dispute resolution methods in the U.S. Definition of reasonable accommodation; Discussion on alternative dispute resolution; Programs on negotiation and mediation.
- Mediating Employment Disputes Under the Disabilities Act. DeShazer, Samuel H.; Cohen, Judy // Dispute Resolution Journal;Feb98, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p28
Examines the mediation of disability-related employment disputes arising under Title I, the employment section of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Examination of common issues which arise under Title I; Definition of disability; Requirements a person must have to be covered under the...
- RIGHTS and RELIEF UNDER THE DISABILITIES ACT. Hanson, Ronald F. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Apr-Jun1995, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p63
Discusses the rights of disabled people under the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990. Government agencies in the U.S. that provide relief under the act; Means of alternative dispute resolution provided by the law.
- Untitled. Fetherstonhaugh, Guy // Estates Gazette;11/16/2013, Issue 1346, p15
The article discusses the October 2013 British Court of Appeal case PGF II SA v. OMFS Co. 1 Ltd., in which it was shown that a failure to respond to an invitation to mediate may be penalized in costs even when the non-responding party is successful in the litigation. Topics addressed include the...
- Renewed interest in PACT? Humphreys, Emma // Estates Gazette;1/25/2014, Issue 1355, p17
The article discusses the benefits of Professional Arbitration on Court Terms (PACT) for parties involved in a dispute over a lease renewal. Topics addressed include lease renewal proceedings under the British 1954 Landlord and Tenant Act, PACT's offer of a chance for procedural flexibility and...
- Resolve to resolve: A review of the RICS Dilapidations Scheme for expert determination. Shaw, Edward // Journal of Building Survey, Appraisal & Valuation;Winter2014/2015, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p317
The RICS announced the setting up of a new initiative for resolving dilapidations disputes by expert determination at the Dilapidations Conference in September 2014. It is a consensual procedure in which the parties agree to refer terminal dilapidations disputes to expert determination if they...