Firms look for skills rather than 2.1 grades
- Optimism ahead? // Recruiter;3/23/2011, p11
The article reports on the slight increase in hiring for the second quarter of 2011 as predicted by the employers in Great Britain according to the Manpower Employment Outlook Survey.
- Manpower Survey: Fewer Employers Plan to Hire in Q4. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;9/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p8
The article reports on the findings of the Manpower Employment Survey in San Diego, California which revealed that the percentage of employers who planned to hire more employees in 2010 has declined from 24% in the third quarter to 16% in the fourth quarter.
- Jobs in manufacturing: A closer look. Crawley, Lincoln // Manufacturers' Monthly;Jun2013, p8
In this article, the author reflects on the employment and hiring opportunities available in the manufacturing sector through the details received by the conduction of the Manpower Employment Outlook survey in Australia. It reports that the employment procedure get affected due to the mismatch...
- Bridgeport area employers to step up hiring. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/9/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p13
The article cites a survey that reports that employers in Bridgeport and Fairfield expect to hire employees at a steady pace. In the survey, thirteen percent of the companies interviewed planned to recruit more employees, while none expected to reduce their payrolls. Job prospects appear best in...
- Fourth-quarter hiring expected to be weak. // Business Journal (Central New York);10/15/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p11
This article reports that Syracuse, New York-area employers expect fourth-quarter hiring to be especially sluggish, particularly in the construction sector. A survey, conducted by Manpower Inc. of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, shows that only 8 percent of surveyed employers in Syracuse believe they will...
- New hirings and permanent separations. Tabi, Martin // Education Quarterly Review;2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p42
Reports on the employment survey in Canada based on the Labour Force Survey from 1998 to 1999. Overview of hirings and permanent separations; How the annual hiring and separation rates are calculated; Effect of education on hirings and separations.
- Hiring Expected to Remain Stablein 2013. // BusinessWest;8/12/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p51
The article discusses a survey conducted by Career Builder LLC, internet employment website, regarding the employment environment in the U.S. and states that corporation employees that participated in interview told permanent full time hiring by firms in second half will be equal to in year 2012.
- Snapshot. // Office Manager Today;Sep2015, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p5
The article focuses on the 2015 Executive Employer Survey report of the law firm Littler Mendelson which states that employers expects an increase in the number of workplace discrimination claims in 2016 due to employers' own hiring barriers.
- Salt Lake City area employers plan solid hiring pace in Q2. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/17/2008, Vol. 37 Issue 38, p5
The article reports on the results of the Manpower Employment Outlook Survey in Salt Lake City, Utah. Based on the results, employers expect to hire at a solid pace during the second quarter of 2008. The survey also showed that 33% of the firms interviewed plan to hire more employees while 7%...