RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;Aug2007, p6
The article presents information on the Lithuanian economy. At the end of the first quarter of 2007, Lithuania accumulated foreign direct investments (FDI) of $12.7 billion. The account deficit during the said period stood at 11.6 percent of the GDP. In 2007, the average wage in the country...
- Inflation To Ease Towards 7% By End-2008. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p12
This article presents an outlook for the economy of Lithuania, as of September 2008. Inflation in the country continued to increase in June with consumer prices rising by 12.5% year-on-year with food price inflation being the main driver. As stated, if the inflation remains above trend, future...
- Foreign Investment Climate. // Lithuania Country Review;2012, p97
The article provides and overview of the foreign investment condition in Lithuania including the openness of the country to foreign investors, investment forms and transparency to regulatory systems.
- Eurozone Hopes Dashed. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p12
Offers an economic outlook for Lithuania for 2006. Responses of local headline writers to the European Commission's announcement that Lithuania does not fulfill the necessary criteria to adopt the euro in January 2007; Status of the country's budget deficit; Outlook on inflation.
- Deflation To Continue. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p11
The article analyzes the economic outlook for Lithuania from 2010-2014. It notes that deflation will continue through the first half of 2010. It further states that inflationary pressures is projected to remain weak into 2011. Moreover, it mentions that consumer price inflation will come in at...
- Lithuania's HICP inflation eases for ninth month. // Regional Today;10/10/2013, p1
The article reports on the 1.8 percent decline in the average annual inflation rate in Lithuania based on the harmonized index of consumer prices (HICP) in September 2013.
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p11
The article presents a summary of risk ratings for Lithuania in terms of politics, economics, and business environment in 2011.
- Country Reports: Lithuania. // Lithuania Country Monitor;2015, p1
A country report for Lithuania is presented from publisher IHS Inc., with topics including economic growth, country risk ratings, business and political risks, and international trade relations.
- President Vetoes Minimum Wage Bill. // Labor Law Journal;Oct73, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p709
The article reports that United States President Richard Nixon vetoed the minimum wage bill passed by Congress. According to Nixon, the bill would cause unemployment, increase inflation and hurt those who could least afford it. Nixon described coverage of domestic household workers as a backward...