Inflationary Pressures To Remain A Risk
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2007, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p11
The article forecasts the political and economic conditions, and the performance of the business sector in Latvia for 2007. The parliament has begun to debate the 2008 budget, which is vital element of government plans to dampen domestic demand and bring down inflation. The government has...
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2008, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p11
This section offers news briefs concerning Latvia. The Latvian government asserted that it will not participate in a military regional exercise in Kaliningrad, Russia. Year-on-year inflation in July 2008 went down to 16.7 percent. According to Latvian Transport Minister Ainars Siesers, railways...
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p11
The article presents economic and political risk assessment for Latvia for 2007 and 2008. The country receives a political risk rating of 84.8. The possibility that the disagreement over presidential nomination will cause political instability is minimal. Annual inflation rate for 2007 is...
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
The article offers news briefs in Latvia including the political risk, economic risk and business.
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article reports on the political, economic, and business environment risks in Latvia including the need to cut social spending of the government which was indicated by the finance ministry, the unemployment rate which decreased to 19.4 percent during the second quarter of 2010, and the...
- Latvia: 2014 Country Review. Youngblood Coleman, Denise // Latvia Country Review;7/1/2014, preceding p1
The article presents the 2014 issue of the journal "CountryWatch Country Review" that highlights the demographic, political, socio-cultural, environmental and investment information of Latvia including its national security, government spending and stock market.
- Partner Links. // Latvia Country Review;2011, p126
The article lists the international and regional partners who have contributed in giving economic and political information related to Latvia including Center for International Business Studies, Asian Country Information, and Business News Americas.
- Country Overview. // Latvia Country Review;2012, p1
The article offers information on the political and economic conditions in Latvia including its independence from foreign dominion from Russia, implementation of a comprehensive economic reform, and the worsening economic crisis which triggered an unprecedented riot.
- Riga is a ghost town. Pyzik, Agata // New Statesman;8/16/2013, Vol. 142 Issue 5170, p17
The article looks at political and economic conditions in Latvia as of August 2013, noting the austerity economic policies the country has followed in recent years and its planned entry into the eurozone and discussing youth out-migration and conflict between ethnic Latvians and other residents.