RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC
- Country Conditions. // Political Risk Yearbook: Czech Republic Country Report;2008, p1
The article presents information on the political and economic conditions of the Czech Republic. The country has received large amounts of foreign direct investment (FDI), which, together with strong export growth, has helped fuel economic growth. In 2004, Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth was...
- Czech govt cuts 2013 growth outlook. // Regional Today;02/01/2013, p4
This article reports that on January 31, 2013, the Czech Finance Ministry announced that it expects the Czech economy to eke out just 0.1 growth in 2013, down from 0.7% seen in its October 2012 forecast.
- EDITOR'S NOTES. Forrest, Frank // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Summer2002, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on the parliamentary elections in the Czech Republic. Fate of the elected prime minister and government on the membership of Czech in the European Union; Gap distance existing between the Czech voters and the politicians; Lack of the Czech society on well-defined interest groups in...
- Question of the Month for Bohuslav Sobotka, Minister of Finance of the Czech Republic. Sobotka, Bohuslav // Czech Business & Trade;2004, Issue 3/4, p4
Interviews Bohuslav Sobotka, Czech Republic Minister of Finance, on the preparation of the country in joining the European Union (EU). Preparation for accession related to harmonization of the finance and tax sectors; Effect of EU membership on the acceding countries; Outline of the public...
- THE LAST PAGE. Kohák, Erazim // Dissent (00123846);Spring2005, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p128
Relates the observations of the author of the behavior of voters when he run for the Senate as a social democrat in Czech Republic. Detection of the author of the tendency of voters to reject social democratic candidates; Emphasis of social democrats on social state and prosperity; Defeat of the...
- Questions for Miroslav Kalousek, Minister of Finance of the Czech Republic. Kalousek, Miroslav // Czech Business & Trade;2011, Issue 4, p4
An interview with Czech Republic Minister of Finance Miroslav Kalousek is presented. When asked on the economic indicators that are capable for the improvement of the credibility of the country to have an improved rating by the Standard & Poor's International, he notes that it is their efforts...
- Outlook and Assumptions: Alternative Scenarios. // Czech Republic Country Monitor;Mar2012, p4
The article offers an overview for the economic outlook in Czech Republic in 2012. It mentions the growth of gross domestic product (GDP), improvement of business environment and the potential increase of investments. It also notes the impact of the May 2010 parliamentary election to fiscal reforms.
- BMI FORECAST SCENARIO. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the developments in the Czech Republic's economy as of November 2002. Economic growth forecasted by the Czech Finance Ministry for 2003; Year on Year industrial output growth of the country as of August 2002; Economic implications of the rise in unemployment and damages caused by the...
- Czech Republic. // OECD Economic Outlook;Dec99, Vol. 1999 Issue 2, p79
Reports on economic developments in Czech Republic in 1999. Signs of recovery; Demand, output and prices; Rise in unemployment; Decrease in inflation; Projections for 2000 and 2001.