Inflation Likely To Peak Above 5% In August
- Economic Structure and Context: Monetary System. // Poland Country Monitor;Mar2012, p20
The article provides an overview of the monetary system of Poland. It mentions that zloty is the sole legal tender in Poland which operates on a free float and added that its value can be determined through demand and supply. It notes the National Bank of Poland (NBP) which pursues an...
- Poland September core inflation weakens. // Regional Today;10/17/2013, p1
The article focuses on the report released by National Bank of Poland on October 16, 2013 regarding the decrease of the core inflation of the country to 1.3% in September 2013.
- Poland core inflation rises in February. // Regional Today;3/18/2014, p1
The article reports on the increase in Poland's core inflation rate in February 2014, according to data shown by the National Bank of Poland on March 17, 2014.
- Zloty Strength Further Delaying Rate Hikes. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p3
The article presents the economic outlook for Poland in 2010. It notes that the National Bank of Poland is expected to leave interest rates on hold at 3.5%. It further states that consumer price inflation drops from 3.5% in March to 2.9% year-on-year in February. Moreover, it forecasts that...
- One More Rate Hike May Be Sufficient. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2007, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the interest rate increase imposed by the National Bank of Poland (NBP). The NBP increased its benchmark interest rate during its monetary policy meeting on July 25, 2007. According to the bank, the interest rate hikes have significantly decreased the risk of consumer...
- Polish inflation rate falls to lowest since August 2007. // Regional Today;02/18/2013, p2
The article discusses a report by the Polish Statistical Office featuring the decline in the inflation rate at 1.7% in January 2013 compared with 2.4% in December 2013 as the prices increased 0.1% forcing the National Bank of Poland to raise rates in 2012.
- POLAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2009, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p2
The article reports on the political and economic risks of Poland. According to the latest opinion poll data, Civic Platform-led coalition government continues to enjoy a strong wave of public support, helping to diffuse short-term risks to coalition stability. The National Bank of Poland has...
- Poland: Room For Another 25bps Cut? // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p15
Reports on the move of the National Bank of Poland to cut interest rates in August 2005. Increase in year-on-year retail sales; Overview of political conditions in the country; Status of government spending.
- Poland: One More Rate Hike In 2007. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/5/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p18
The article reports that the National Bank of Poland (NBP) will implement one further 25bps hike in its benchmark interest to 4.50% in the fourth quarter of 2007. Domestic causes of price inflation will remain prominent and prompt the NBP to further tighten its monetary policy over the coming...