RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY
- RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2009, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p4
The article presents a risk summary of the political, economic and business conditions in Hungary as of January 2009. It states that tensions between Hungary and Slovakia have accelerated following an alleged assault on ethnic Hungarian fans by Slovakian riot police and fans during a football...
- Hungary: Crossing The Pain Threshold. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/17/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p17
The article analyzes the political condition in Hungary and its effects on the country's economy in 2008. The opposition party Fidesz contends the administration's act of imposing charges on health services and university tuitions that are expected to raise HUF20-21 billion in 2008 and HUF20...
- MNB investigation of MOL, Richter drops launched. // Hungary A.M.;10/22/2013, p2
The article focuses on the investigation launched by the National Bank of Hungary, October 21, 2013, regarding the large decline the share prices of Hungarian companies, MOL and Richter, on the Budapest Stock Exchange (BUX) on October 16, 2013.
- Central bank fines paper for tampering. // Hungary A.M.;11/26/2013, p2
The article reports on the penalty levied by the National Bank of Hungary on "Napi GazdasÃ¡g" for manipulating trade on the Budapest Stock Exchange when its editorial said that Norwegian investors are considering selling their shares in Hungarian oil and gas company MOL due to corruption.
- EXCHANGE. // Hungary A.M.;5/28/2014, p1
The article focuses on the stock exchange of Budapest, Hungary as of May 2014 which shows that Budapest Stock Exchange (BUX) index has decline by about 0.29 percent and mentions companies that features their market performance such as the Magyar Nemzeti Bank (MNB) and Magyar Telekom.
- Hungarian Inaccuracy. Bulkai, Denes // History Today;May2014, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p66
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Magyar Myth Makers" by Nora Berend, which appeared in the March 2014 issue.
- EXCHANGE. // Hungary A.M.;3/14/2014, p2
The article reports on the decline in the BUX index of the Budapest Stock Exchange in March 2014 and the fines imposed by the National Bank of Hungary on banks for allegedly increasing client fees and costs.
- EXCHANGE. // Hungary A.M.;9/3/2014, p1
The article reports on the Budapest Stock Exchange which has shown a lowered trend in 2014 as compared to the end of year in 2013. Topics discussed include the gaining trend of Hungarian telecommunications company Magyar Telekom, an announcement from the National Bank of Hungary that it has...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Budapest Business Journal;11/27/2015, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p4
The article offers news briefs from Hungary as of December 2015. Topics discussed include acquisition of majority stakes in Hungary's Budapest Stock Exchange (BSE) announced by the National Bank of Hungary; decision of the Hungarian government to modify rules on the bank levy following...