Currency Risks Set To Rise Over Medium Term
- Dollar Bounce. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/7/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the strengthening of the value of the U.S. dollar in Europe on July 3, 2008. Based on the article, the recovery of the dollar was due to the decision of Jean-Claude Trichet of the European Central Bank (ECB) to stop increasing the refinancing rate in the region. Noted in...
- Battle set over who will be Europe's Greenspan. Echikson, William // Christian Science Monitor;11/12/97, Vol. 89 Issue 243, p6
Focuses on the debate in the European Union over whether to choose Wim Duisenberg, former head of the Dutch Central Bank or Jean-Claude Trichet, governor of the Bank of France, as the head of the European Central Bank. Credentials each candidate has; The impact that the head of the European...
- Trichet wants a ministry to intervene across Europe. Thomas, Paul // Money Marketing;6/9/2011, p15
The article reports on European Central Bank president Jean Claude Trichet who has suggested the European Union (EU) to create a European finance ministry so that it can oversee fiscal and competitiveness policies across the EU.
- European Union. // Global Finance;Oct2011, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p62
The article offers information on the domination of the inability of the European Central Bank (ECB) and the European Union during the last few months of the presidency of Jean-Claude Trichet in the institution before it ends in October 2011.
- Trichet Exits From ECB. Hawser, Anita // Global Finance;Nov2011, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p4
The article announces the resignation of Jean Claude Trichet as vice president at the European Central Bank (ECB) in the midst of the sovereign debt crisis that loomed larger in Europe.
- Harry Newton's In Search of the Perfect Investment. // In Search of the Perfect Investment;3/25/2009, p1
The article discusses issues related to the financial industry. The European Central Bank is resisting the method adopted by the U.S., Britain and Japan to crank up monetary printing presses in a bid to prop up their economies. Jean-Claude Trichet, president of the Central Bank, said that...
- European Central Bank Cuts Rates By 25 bps. // National Mortgage News;4/20/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p7
The article reports on the 25 basis points cut of interest rates of European Central Bank (ECB) to respond real estate woes in Frankfurt, Europe. Cut of interest rates decrease the main refinancing operations of the Eutosystem for 1.25% and 2.25% drop for marginal lending facility. President...
- Key data: Non-listed sector. // EuroProperty;2006, p26
The article reports that the European Central Bank (ECB) has left rates unchanged and warned of inflation threat in current fiscal year of 2007-08. According to Jean-Claude Trichet, the president of the ECB, strong vigilance against rising inflationary pressure was required. It is believed that...
- The Trichet-Duisenberg story. Connolly, Bernard // International Economy;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on the battle over the presidency of the European Central Bank (ECB), with emphasis on the announcement of the Bank of France Government to have Jean-Claude Trichet contest the presidency and the reaction of Wim Duisenberg to the announce made by the bank. Reasons why France has...