New rules for distance selling
- Current developments To 23 October 2002. // Consumer Policy Review;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p229
Presents an update on consumer protection policy as of October 23, 2002. Details on events in health and safety; Information on finance policies; Regulations and rules on transportation;
- New rules to curb bad practices. // Utility Week;1/22/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p7
This article reports on the implementation of new rules in Great Britain that intend to offer better protection to domestic and small business consumers during the week of January 22, 2010.
- Concern that CPMA will lack independent appeal process. Blackmore, Nicole // Money Marketing;11/25/2010, p1
The article discusses concerns regarding the possibility that the new Consumer Protection and Markets Authority (CPMA) will lack an independent appeals committee in Great Britain.
- Appendix 3: Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. // Internet & E-commerce;6/5/2001, p66
The Consumer Protection Regulations 2000 is presented.
- Don't be a victim of consumer fraud. // Toledo Business Journal;Oct2008, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p22
The article offers tips on preventing consumer fraud.
- Protecting Eli Lilly. // Multinational Monitor;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1/2, p4
Reports on the decision of consumer advocates to denounce the November 2002 passage of the provisions in the U.S. Homeland Security bill that provide an array of corporate special interest protections. Reason for the move; Overview of the measures in the bill that raised concerns among consumer...
- Hungarian Authority for Consumer Protection signs cooperative agreement with Ukrainian counterpart. // Hungary A.M.;01/23/2013, p8
The article reports that the Hungarian Authority for Consumer Protection has announced an cooperative agreement it has signed with the State Inspectorate of Consumer Rights Protection of Ukraine that aims to strengthen professional relations and improve cross-border consumer protection.
- Consumer Protection and Social Models of Continental and Anglo-American Contract Law and the Transnational Outlook. Maurer, Andreas // Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies;Summer2007, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p353
Debates over the content of recent EU directives and U.S. statutory amendments related to consumer protection highlight the importance of such regulation. Criticism calling for a return to freedom of contract in both regions reflects a tension between social ideals related to equality between...
- Washington Wrap-up. // Marketing News;6/18/1976, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p11
Presents news related to marketing and commercial policy in the U.S. as of June 18, 1976. Report by Rand Corp. on the risks posed by the pursuit of product demonstration projects; Law that enhances the authority of the Consumer Product Safety Commission; Promotion of consumer education in...