Judge Thomas--the furnishing trade's new friend
- Retailer beware: It's the season for shoplifters to do their thing. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/21/98, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p4
Cautions the retail store owners in New Orleans, Louisiana to increase awareness to the growth of shoplifting cases during the Christmas season. Statistics indicating monetary losses due to shoplifters; Strategies recommended by Louisiana Retailers Association members to address the issue.
- Retail Fraud, Shoplifting Rates Decrease, According to National Retail Security Survey. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Aug/Sep2010, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses the results of a National Retail Security Survey which show a decrease in retail shrinkage, shoplifting, internal theft and other types of criminal activity in retail stores in the U.S. in 2009.
- No contest, it's a steal. // Cabinet Maker;10/18/2002, Issue 5309, p29
Reports on the money lost by stores due to shoplifting in Great Britain.
- Small store find helpful clerks best deterrent-oh, and cameras are good, too. McKay, Bud // Wenatchee Business Journal;Dec2000, Vol. 14 Issue 12, pA18
Focuses on the strategies used by small stores to prevent shoplifting in Wenatchee, Washington. Role of clerks in preventing shoplifting; Use of surveillance cameras.
- Large stores cloak their deterrence in secrecy. McKay, Bud // Wenatchee Business Journal;Dec2000, Vol. 14 Issue 12, pA21
Reports that large, national franchise retail stores enlist a full-time loss prevention force to deter shoplifters in the United States. Secrecy of the tactics used in preventing shoplifting; Goals of loss prevention teams.
- On the defensive. Bird, Michael // In-Store Marketing;Nov2002, p24
Examines the rate of shoplifting in Great Britain. Factors contributing to the increase in shop theft; Use of electronic tagging to prevent shoplifting; Involvement of customers and store staff in shop theft. INSET: Keep watch for shoplifters.
- Strategies for Dealing with Shoplifting: A Managerial and Legal Perspective. Budden, Michael C.; Yeargain, John W.; Miller Jr., Joseph H. // American Business Review;Jan1991, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p28
Discusses the strategies in dealing with shoplifting based from a managerial and legal perspective in the United States. Recognition of shoplifting as the costliest crime affecting retail stores; Influence of shoplifting incidents on the operational costs; Legal analysis on the strategies use...
- Rochester retailers get upper hand on theft. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/19/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p4
The article offers information on the website Retailerslink.com, which is used by retailers in Rochester, New Hampshire to combat retail theft, and shoplifting.
- Be Careful Out There. // Chain Store Age;Sep2001, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p41
Deals with the implications of a number of deaths of suspected shoplifters in the United States in 2001 for loss-prevention experts in implementing security strategies.