A sign off the times
- Worth the risk? // Accountancy;May2001, Vol. 127 Issue 1293, p58
Reports the prevalence of violations on electronic commerce law by several companies in Great Britain.
- Electronic Commerce Law: 2001 Developments. Winn, Jane K. // Business Lawyer;Nov2001, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p541
Presents an overview of several developments in the law governing on-line commercial transactions in 2001. Federal and state legislation in the United States and European Union legislation regarding on-line commercial transactions; Creation of the Electronic Signatures in Global and National...
- Eretailing hits a snag. Sidkin // Cabinet Maker;10/01/99, Issue 5157, p8
Discusses legal issues pertaining to electronic commerce in Great Britain.
- UCITA threatens rights of consumers in the new age of electronic commerce. Foster, Ed // InfoWorld;01/10/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p73
Looks at the threat posed by the proposed Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA) to the electronic commerce industry in the United States. Strategy adopted by proponents of UCITA in order for it to be passed; Why the existence of UCITA will create confusion on the laws governing...
- EC trading laws change. Bentley, Ross // Computer Weekly;2/7/2002, p31
Focuses on the industrial impact of the changes in electronic business laws in Europe. Terms of E-commerce Directive of European Commission; Regulations in online trading; Evolution of the e-marketplace.
- DIG SIG BILL IN CONFERENCE. // Journal of Property Management;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the status of the Millennium Digital Commerce Act which will provide legal certainty and national uniformity on electronic commerce in the United States as of July 2000.
- Privacy and Property. // Export Today's Global Business;Sep2000, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p12
Presents updates on Australia's commercial law as of September 2000. Legislation proposed that will extend consumer privacy protection; Principle behind the country's Electronic Transactions Act implemented on March 15, 2000.
- Proposed e-commerce act would remove barriers. // Northern Ontario Business;Sep2000, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p31
Focuses on the provisions of the proposed Electronic Commerce Act in Ontario.
- A Summary of Statutory and Case Law Associated With Contracting in the Electronic Universe. Norwood, John M. // DePaul Business & Commercial Law Journal;Spring2006, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p415
Describes the essential elements of the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (UCITA), the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) and the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (E-sign) which are associated with contracting in the electronic universe in the U.S. ...