Slow renovation angers Gateshead retailers
- Chicago operators hope for traffic rebound from reopened Wacker Drive. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;12/9/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 49, p4
Focuses on the emotions of the restaurateurs on the reopening of Wacker Drive street in Chicago, Illinois. Cause of the road destruction; Costs of rebuilding the double-deck street; Sales expectations of the restaurant industry after the road construction.
- Riverside Avenue extension nears completion. // Journal of Business (10756124);3/29/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 8, pA9
The article reports that the extension of Riverside Avenue worth 3.7 million dollars nears completion and expected to open to traffic in Spokane, Washington in May 2012.
- Easing passenger flows. // Rail Business Intelligence;10/2/2008, Issue 327, p2
The article discusses the projects of rebuilding Reading and Birmingham New Street in England. The two projects may appear similar in but they have quite different objectives. The key priority of rebuilding New Street is to ease passenger flows while Reading is to remove a bottleneck caused by...
- Progress on Waldrip Street construction. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);3/28/2013, Vol. 116 Issue 13, p10
Two photographs are presented which show the progress of construction on Waldtrip Street in Grand Saline, Texas.
- Big boys' complaint. Piper, Robert R. // Planning;Jul2015, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p43
A letter to the editor is presented commenting on the article "The Safest Streets" by Jay Walljasper which appeared in the May 2015 issue.
- Safety charter launched. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;May2012, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p2
The article reports on the move by the British government to launch the Safe Dig Charter, which is aimed at improving the safety of streetworks in the country.
- MySpace BarringtonCourt. // Horticulture Week;4/8/2011, p10
The article offers information on the creation of an avenue of trees at Barrington Court in Somerset, England.
- Is street work hurting business? Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/24/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on issues related to the reconstruction of a portion of Cherry Street in Grand Rapids, Michigan by the Downtown Development Authority.
- More money needed for city roads. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);8/ 8/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 18, p2A
The article informs that the Kyle City Council in Kyle, Texas will hold an election for issuing general obligation bonds for street improvement project costing 34.7 million U.S. dollars.