Retailers can `fine' shoplifters
- Chain stores see value in multiple Strip locations. Martin, Patricia // Las Vegas Business Press;05/22/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, Special Section p5
Reports on the increasing number of franchise retail stores in Las Vegas, Nevada. Expected increase in retail space in the city; Ability of retail companies to open profitable stores that are in close proximity with one another; Competition for each retail space that arises; Low vacancy rate of...
- Retail Chains. // Prague Business Journal;11/25/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p13
Ranks the retail chains in Czech Republic ranked by 2001 revenues. Makro Cash & Carry; Ahold Czech Republic; Globus CAAR; Penny Market; Carrefour CR; Geco Tabak.
- Top dollar remodel at TOP Food & Drug. Sabbag, Gary E. // Wenatchee Business Journal;May99, Vol. 13 Issue 5, pA1
Reports that TOP Food & Drug is renovating all its stores in the United States to make them more shopper-friendly. Interior decoration; Parent company Haggen Inc.
- U.S. Factory's Denton location to be Texas' first. Sipos, Eric // Business Press;07/09/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the U.S. Factory Store's plan to put up a store at the Exposition Mills Outlet in Denton, Texas. Details of the plan.
- General merchandise. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Mar1994, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p26
Presents news bits on general merchandise stores. Plans of Wal-Mart for expansion; Bankruptcy protection entry of Woodland & Lothrop and John Wanamaker; Opening of more stores in Canada by Woolworth; Profit report of Ames; Image development of Sears, Roebuck and Co.; Merging of Mercantile's...
- Shop talk. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Mar1994, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p66
Presents news items on retail shops. Good management instinct of Kmart store in Pennsylvania which noted and prevented their ceiling from caving in; Superstore concept plans of 9 West; Activities in Warner Bros. Studio Stores; Personnel news and promotions; New projects and products; Expansion,...
- Mad Ave.'s new mix: Prestige boutiques, big chains stir revival. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/16/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 51, p1
Reports on the construction of retail chain stores along Madison Avenue in New York City. Association of street with exclusive boutiques; Attraction of mixture of customers.
- Hard lines stores chain performance. // Chain Store Age;Aug98, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p11A
Presents a chart summarizing the sales performance of hard lines store chains in the United States for fiscal 1997. Includes information on the total sales incurred; Average sales per store; Stores include Office Depot; OfficeMax; Staples; Best Buy.
- Bon Marche unveils new concept store. // Home Textiles Today;12/18/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p2
Announces the plan to construct the concept store Bon Marche by the Federated Department Stores in Cincinnati, Ohio. Intention of the design to serve small to mid-sized communities; Inclusion of a single-level, single-entrance layout and centralized customer service stations; Location of the store.