A classic sign of hypothyroidism: a video demonstration
- Pleural effusions at the Internal Medicine Unit, Centre National Hospitalier Universitaire, Cotonou, Benin. Agossou, M.; Bashi, B. J.; Azon-Kouanou, A.; Zannou, D. M.; Ade, G.; Houngbe, F. // African Journal of Respiratory Medicine;Sep2013, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p17
No abstract available.
- PLEURA: POTENTIAL PROBLEMS. // Thorax;Dec2001 Supp, Vol. 56, piii39
This article presents various studies related to pleura. Analysis of pleural fluid is important in establishing the aetiology of pleural effusions. Ultrasound scanning improves not only the diagnosis of pleural effusion but also reduces complications of thoracocentesis. Despite this, it is...
- Hypothyroidism. Hashmi, Taqi // GP: General Practitioner;5/15/2009, p30
The article deals with hypothyroidism, a glandular disease caused by insufficient production of thyroid hormones. When the thyroid-stimulating hormone levels are above normal and thyroxine is either low or normal, this disease will occur. It discusses how to treat hypothyroidism and suggests...
- Hepatic hydrothorax: Possible etiology of recurring pleural... Hahn, Myung Ho; Hahn, Peter Y. // American Family Physician;8/1/1997, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p523
Provides information on causative factors causing pleural effusion. Effect of hepatic hydrothorax in pleural effusion; Illustrative case of pleural effusion; Clinical presentation of hepatic hydrothorax; Pathophysiology of hepatic hydrothorax.
- Gastric dilatation as a cause of acute respiratory distress. OSMUN, W. E.; COPELAND, JULIE // Romanian Journal of Medical Practice;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p19
The article discusses the case of an 86-year old man who developed acute respiratory distress due to gastric dilatation. The patient had an acute dyspnea in a community hospital and developed various morbidities such as chronic renal failure, hyperlipidemia and congestive heart failure. His...
- HYPOTHYROIDISM AND HIGH VALUES OF SERIC PROLACTIN. Muntean, Ioana; Petrescu, Irina; Popescu, Roxana; Belengeanu, Alina; Verdeş, Doina; Lighezan, Rodica // Annals of the Romanian Society for Cell Biology;2010, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p323
Hypothyroidism represents a relatively frequent etiology of prolactin excess.The clinical material is represented by 22 cases of thyroid insufficiency, women only. Tiroxin treatment led to a compensation of thyroid sufference, with a decrease in the excess of prolactin and correction of...
- Fatigue and its association with sociodemographic variables among multiple sclerosis patients. Lerdal, A; Celius, EG; Moum, T // Multiple Sclerosis (13524585);Oct2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p509
Objective: Toexplore the relationship between fatigue, sociodemographic and clinical variables in a population of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS). Rationale: There is a need to identify empirical relationships with possible antecedents of fatigue among patients with MS. Methods: A mailed...
- Tired all the time. Thakkar, Raj // GP: General Practitioner;1/9/2009, p31
The article deals with the causes of tiredness felt by patients who have been identified with pathological process which includes menstrual history for women and prostatism for men. Patients need to undergo an examination of the heart and the abdomen to determine the presence of splenomegaly...
- Hipotiroidismo. Gómez Meléndez, Gustavo Armando; Betanzos, Rosa Ruiz; Pedraza, Valentín Sánchez; Palomo, Antonio Segovia; Mendoza Hernández, Carmen Francisca; Montaño, Sara Arellano // Medicina Interna de Mexico;sep/oct2010, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p462
No abstract available.