Incoming CMA president impatient for reform
- MRI renaissance. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;12/01/97, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p56
Focuses on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in hospitals. Information on the President Bill Clinton's healthcare reform plan; Estimated sales by MRI manufacturers; Comments from Larry A. Ranahan, executive administrator for radiology at University of Chicago Hospitals and Health System.
- Health ministries considering CMA's access-to-care proposal. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;05/19/98, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p1261
Reports that the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) has responded to the uproar about access to health care with a long-term solution. What the solution proposes; By whom it will be led; Why it is extremely difficult to obtain information on health care waiting times; The need for observational...
- Never too late to talk transformation. Vogel, Lauren // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/8/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 2, pE97
The article reports on the efforts of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) to have a national dialogue regarding the health care transformation in Canada through an interactive website, located at www.HealthCareTransformation.ca, and town hall meetings throughout the country.
- FOLLOW 'CANADIAN WAY' TO REFORM HEALTH CARE: HEAL. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/3/2015, Vol. 187 Issue 2, p148
The article reports on the decision of the Canadian Medical Association to join a coalition of 39 national health care groups in urging for a return to their conventional way of addressing national health issues via compassion, consensus, and collaboration.
- Former CMA president to become delegate to WMA. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/21/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 13, pE671
The article reports that Dr. Robert Ouellet, former president of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), will replace Dr. Ruth Collins-Nakai as the official delegate of CMA to the World Medical Association (WMA).
- Around the CMA. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;5/17/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 8, p980
The article offers information on topics related to Canadian Medical Association (CMA) in 2011 such as the death of Eve Elman, director of government relations of CMA and the popularity of the efforts of CMA to meet members and discuss the need for health care system transformation.
- Panel's recommendations could open privatization floodgates, delegates warn. Vogel, Lauren // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/20/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 13, pE991
The article reports that delegates criticizes Canadian Medical Association (CMA)'s blue-ribbon advisory panel's recommendations for healthcare transformation due to its broad language. They say that the recommendations can be misinterpreted as flooding private, for-profit monetized health care...
- Outgoing CMA president urges united front. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/21/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 13, pE669
The article focuses on the valedictory address of Anne Doig, outgoing President of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), at CMA's 143rd annual general meeting, in which she spoke on the matters that will help improve the health care system of Canada.
- CMA lauds "critical" role played by IMGs. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/4/2009 Doctor's Health Matters, p581
The article reports on the statement of Canadian Medical Association (CMA) president Robert Ouellet regarding the role of international medical graduates (IMGs) during orientation session in Winnipeg, Manitoba. According to him, the doctors trained outside the country made contributions to the...