Recovering from disaster
- Reeds reports turnover surge from new business revenues. // Event;Oct2006, Special section p3
This article states that a 28 percent increase in turnover for the last financial year has been announced by Reeds Carpeting Contractors. The increase generated a total revenue of 6 million British pounds. New business accounted for almost 40 percent of the total revenue. In the past years Reeds...
- Reeds reports turnover surge from new business revenues. Francisco, Lorraine // Event;Sep2006, Special Section p3
This article reports on the increase in turnover for the last financial year of Reeds Carpeting Contractors. Almost 40% of revenue came from new business. Reeds Carpeting Contractors has expanded in the past year with an extra 1,115sqm of warehouse space to store stock. It has invested in extra...
- IN BRIEF. // Event;May2007, p8
This section offers news briefs on the special events industry as of May 2007. Crown Venue Catering has been awarded a contract to cater at Manchester Central in England. Agency SPS has launched www.sps-expo.co.uk, an online shop for hiring its technical equipment. Reeds Carpets will supply...
- NEWS. // Event;Jun2006, Special Section p3
The article presents news briefs on the special events industry in Great Britain. Supplier XL Video supplied equipment and crew for Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds arena tour. Contractor Reeds Carpeting has launched a recyclable carpet system. The Pet Shop Boys performed a soundtrack to a...
- Looking for good ideas? Try recycling rejects! Straub, Joseph T. // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Office Edition;Sep96, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p7
Provides tips on how to re-examine rejected ideas from the creative thoughts of employees in the business organization. Barriers to the re-examination of ideas; Exploration of the idea; Challenge of the status quo. INSET: Creative thought killers..
- Set aside time for creative thinking. // Sell!ng;Mar1998, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p16
Explores ways of finding time for creative thinking while performing other activities. Advice from Sales-Force Training & Consulting Inc.'s Brian Jeffrey; Tips in improving creative capacity.
- Serious creativity. Bono, Edward de // Journal for Quality & Participation;Sep95, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p12
Shows that creativity is not just brainstorming and being free to suggest outlandish ideas. Nature of brainstorming; Logic of creativity; Practical lateral thinking technique; Logic of provocation; Beneficial effects of serious creative thinking.
- Have a good idea lately? Bhasin, Roberta // Pulp & Paper;May94, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p39
Offers suggestions on ways to cultivate good ideas or enhance creative thinking. Restructuring routine schedule; Changing usual choices; Using words and pictures to construct ideas.
- Trend-o-rama. Mannarino, Melanie // Seventeen;Mar98, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p116
Focuses on the trends of students who came up with creative designs to put on their backpacks, sunglasses, etc.