Summer push at M&S
- Bumper beef and sheep turnout for Scottish National Winter Fair. Cousins, David // Farmers Weekly;11/14/2003, Vol. 139 Issue 20, p76
Presents information on the cattle and sheep contest at the 2003 Scottish National Winter Fair agricultural exhibition sponsored by Marks & Spencer. Number of cattle and sheep entries in the competition; Background on the entrants in the Scottish National Premier Meat Exhibition in 2002; Judges...
- Retailers build bridges. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;7/5/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 1, p17
Reports on the actions taken by major British retailers to build better relationships with farmers at the Royal Show agricultural exhibition in Warwickshire, England. Details of a project initiated by Waitrose to source more local produce; Information on the Meet the Farmer pilot program from...
- Chilly start to spring. Fell, Henry // Farmers Weekly;3/17/2006, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p41
The author reflects on several issues affecting the agriculture sector in Great Britain. He questions the plan of Marks and Spencer to decrease its prices for its food, textile and accessory manufacturers. He argues that there are other specialised agricultural shows than the Royal Smithfield...
- Mixed fortunes as high street recovers from the seasonal highs and lows. // Frontline Solutions;Feb2002, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the Christmas sales of Marks and Spencer company. Increase on sales; Comment from the Financial Times Lex; Recovery of high street business.
- Call for caution over scrapping of final salary schemes. // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p3
Reports the implication of the closing of the final salary pensions schemes upon the expansion of Marks & Spencer in Great Britain. Development of the occupational pension schemes; Alternative ways of funding the employee contributions.
- M&S opens Home store. // Housewares;Sep/Oct97, Issue 136, p6
Announces that Marks and Spencer has opened a stand-alone home furnishings store in York in August of 1997. Description of the Coppergate store; M&S home furnishings sales.
- M&S yearly profits up 5%. // DIY Week;6/4/2010, p02
The article reports on the 4.6 percent increase in the profit of Marks & Spencer (M&S) for the year ended March 27, 2010.
- Marks & Spencer Shocker: New See-Through Blouses. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/30/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 41, p4
Reports on London, England-based Marks & Spencer's decision to replace its frumpy green and navy staff uniform with cream-colored blouses that were see-through. Complaints from female employees; Company's plan to introduce another blouse in a heavier fabric.
- Executive Overhaul At Marks & Spencer. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/19/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 54, p2
Reports on the overhaul of the executive team of British retail company, Marks and Spencer. Resignation of chief executive officer, Peter Salsbury; Responsibilities of executive chairman Luc Vandevelde; Departure of Guy McCracken from the international operations division.