(Mis) Perceptions About Intimate Partner Violence in Women Presenting for Orthopaedic Care: A Survey of Canadian Orthopaedic Surgeons
- HOLIDAY RAGING. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);12/28/2009, Vol. 61 Issue 52, p71
A quiz concerning family violence is presented.
- Victim: 'First punch came as complete surprise' Hosman, Catherine // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/17/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 42, p1A
The article discusses the story of a wife who fell victim of a domestic violence in the U.S., in relation of the country's celebration of the Domestic Violence Awareness on October 2007.
- Victims Still Falling Through the Cracks. Kendall-Tackett, Kathleen // Family & Intimate Partner Violence Quarterly;Fall2008, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p99
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including teen victims of intimate partner violence (IPV), domestic violence, and physical abuse.
- Editorial. Graham-Kevan, Nicola; Ireland, Jane L.; Davies, Michelle; Fry, Douglas P. // Journal of Aggression, Conflict & Peace Research;Jan2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including domestic or partner violence perpetration, victimization of women, and parental aggression.
- The Context of Family Violence: Understanding the Larger Picture. Kendall-Tackett, Kathleen // Family & Intimate Partner Violence Quarterly;Spring2010, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p291
The article discusses various reports published within the issue which include one on a study of psychological abuse experienced by Chinese women when there is partner violence, one on the theoretical framework governing partner violence policies, and one on what physicians and others can do...
- Six ways to protect or remove yourself from abusive situation. Simmons, Bryant // Charlotte Post;3/13/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 27, p2B
The article presents tips on protecting or removing oneself from an abusive relationship including finding someone to confide in, consulting a lawyer specializing in domestic violence, and preparing any evidence of abuse.
- Perpetration of violence against intimate partners: health care implications from global data. Campbell, Jacquelyn C.; Abrahams, Naeemah; Martin, Lorna // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/9/2008, Vol. 179 Issue 6, p511
The author reflects on a study which identifies the characteristics of perpetrators of intimate partner violence and reinforces the significance of exposure to childhood violence as a risk factor in South Africa. He observes that the study's findings are consistent with other South African...
- From the Editor. // Family & Intimate Partner Violence Quarterly;Summer2014, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including domestic abuse cases, the management of sexual assault victims and the economic harms of intimate partner violence (IPV).
- IN JORDAN, FAMILY TIES AFFECT PARTNER VIOLENCE. // International Perspectives on Sexual & Reproductive Health;Mar2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p4
The article summarizes research reported by C.J. Clark et al. in a 2010 issue of "Social Science & Medicine" on the correlation between intimate partner violence and a woman's relationship with her extended natal and marital families.