The Management of Ankle Fractures in Patients with Diabetes
- The trAPP-study: cost-effectiveness of an unsupervised e-health supported neuromuscular training program for the treatment of acute ankle sprains in general practice: design of a randomized controlled trial. Mailuhu, Adinda K. E.; Verhagen, Evert A. L. M.; van Ochten, John M.; Bindels, Patrick J. E.; Bierma-Zeinstra, Sita M. A.; van Middelkoop, Marienke // BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders;2015, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Background: Ankle sprains are one of the most frequent injuries of the musculoskeletal system, with yearly around 680.000 new sprains in the Netherlands. Of these, about 130.000 people will visit the general practitioner (GP) each year. In addition, patients have an increased risk of a recurrent...
- Trauma and severe proliferative retinopathy in diabetes mellitus. Alexander, William D.; Kearns, Margaret; Kohner, Eva M.; Aspilin, C.M. // British Medical Journal;10/6/1979, Vol. 2 Issue 6194, p831
Reports cases of patients suffering from major trauma and severe proliferative retinopathy in diabetes mellitus. Description of non-diabetics retinopathy; Disturbance of blood viscousity; Identification of precipitating factor.
- Juice up your joints. Henry, Sara J.; Rao, Linda // Prevention;May94, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p82
Provides information on preventing and dealing with pain, stiffness and other discomforts in joints. Why joints become painful; Rejuvenating the joints; Exercises to develop optimum flexibility and head off problems of overuse. INSETS: Take the click out of this joint (temporomandibular...
- Managing AC joint injuries. Pappas, Arthur M.; Rubin, Aaron // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Jun98, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p36
Focuses on acromioclavicular (AC) joint injuries, while discussing injury mechanisms and classification. Evaluation and treatment of the six types of acute injuries, chronic dislocations and sprains, and associated coracoid fractures; Classification of acute AC joint injuries; Identification of...
- Ask Dr. Carolyn Dean... Dean, Carolyn // Health News & Review;Summer95, p4
Presents an excerpt from the book `Dr. Carolyn Dean's Complementary Natural Prescriptions For Common Ailments,' by Carolyn Dean, about alternative treatment for joint pain. Diagnosis of arthritis; Allergies as a cause of joint symptoms.
- The way to wrap. Wolverton, Brad; Fiske, Susan Festa // Tennis;Dec97, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p18
Introduces the instant ice pack called Wrapz which is ideal for healing injured joints mostly experienced by athletes. Reusability as either a cold or hot pack.
- Neuropathic Diabetic Ankle Fractures: An Overview. Dzurik, Matthew J.; Greenhagen, Robert; Scanlan, Rick // Podiatry Management;Mar2010, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p71
The article discusses an overview of clinical characteristics of neuropathic diabetic ankle fractures. Diabetic patients are at a significant risk for nervous system disorders such as diabetic neuropathy and neuropathic ankle fractures. Conservative treatment with casting is often the best...
- Wound Assessment and Evaluation. Fishman, Tamara D. // Dermatology Nursing;Feb2000, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p55
Discusses the assessment and evaluation of gangrene in the foot of an insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus male patient. Differential diagnosis; Major types of gangrene; Strategies preventing complications in the feet of diabetic persons; Recommended nursing measures.
- Zap away pain. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Apr97, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p30
Announces the availability of the Mini Doctor, a device that relieves minor muscle and joint pain using minuscule jolts of electricity. Usage; Contact information.