Tensile Strain in the Anterior Part of the Acetabular Labrum During Provocative Maneuvering of the Normal Hip
- The silent epidemic of hip fractures. Stehlin, D. // FDA Consumer;May88, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p18
Elderly women are the main victims of the growing but largely unpublicized problem of hip fractures. There are new treatments for this crippling condition, but--even better--there are ways to help prevent it. INSET: Home safety measures.;Bone loss and gain..
- Hip fracture prevention: Beyond estrogen and calcium. // HealthFacts;Feb94, Vol. 19 Issue 177, p3
Comments on a study on loss of bone density in men and women over the age of 65 and hip fracture. Researcher Susan Greenspan and others conducted the first study to look at both bone mineral density and at the characteristics of the fall. Findings; Conclusions; Prevention of falls.
- Chores build bones. // Prevention;Oct93, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p22
Looks at a study which found that doing chores early in life might reduce the risks of hip fractures later in life. Findings about women who engaged in various activities, including team sports; Report in the May 1992 issue of `Osteoporosis International'; More.
- Helping elderly cope with hip fractures. // USA Today Magazine;Feb93, Vol. 121 Issue 2573, p12
Reports that medical treatment for hip fractures can lead to complications in older people, depending upon their health status. Rehabilitation; Depression; Popularity of home care programs for elderly; Comments from Thomas P. Sculco, a clinical professor in the Department of Orthopaedic...
- Instant Aah! Spilner, Maggie // Prevention;Jul2002, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p87
Offers tips on how to reduce the risk of hip injury when doing fitness walking.
- Investigating the subtle and obvious causes of hip pain. Duffey, Timothy P.; Hershman, Elliott; Sanders, Richard A.; Talarico, Lori D. // Patient Care;11/15/1997, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p76
Focuses on diagnosing the cause of acute hip injuries. Information on some of the causes of hip injuries; Examination of inflammatory disorders; Details on tests to decipher the location of pain and provide evidence for or against a fracture; How to treat traumatic injuries. INSETS: HipNav: The...
- MR ARTROGRAFIJA KOLKA PREDSTAVITEV PRIMERA. Zavolovšek, Dejan; Žvab, Andreja // Bulletin: Newsletter of the Society of Radiographers of Slovenia;2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p82
No abstract available.
- MR ARTHROGRAPHY OF THE HIP CASE REPORT. Zavolovšek, Dejan; Žvab, Andreja // Bulletin: Newsletter of the Society of Radiographers of Slovenia;2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p82
Introduction: Arthrography is a type of x-ray examination that uses a contrast agent to image an anatomical joint (such as the shoulder, knee, hip, etc.). MR arthrography is an â€župgradeâ€ of the classical arthrography, that uses a gadolinium type contrast. However classical...
- Assessing acute hip injury. Pearsall, Albert W. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Jun95, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p36
Presents a six-step evaluation of hip injury. Brief history; Visual inspection; Palpation; Neurovascular assessment; Range of motion; Lab and radiographic data; Classification system that will assist the primary care physician in the evaluation and triage of the athlete who has hip injury;...