A weapon to fight gun violence
- It's Up to YOU. // Current Health Kids;Jan2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p22
The article offers tips about how to deal with a situation involving a person with a gun.
- The right to bear sorrow. Voll, Daniel // Esquire;Mar1995, Vol. 123 Issue 3, p74
Focuses on the gun culture in the United States. Accidental gun shootings; Questions regarding the right to bear arms; Gun control legislation.
- Japan's mean streets. // Across the Board;May95, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the increase in gun-related deaths in Japan, according to the `Far Eastern Economic Review'. Sale of guns among gangsters; Availability of low-priced guns.
- Politicizing grief. WILLIAMS, ARMSTRONG // New York Amsterdam News;8/2/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 30, p13
The article reports on the concerns about the Founding Fathers' fact that guns are instruments of violence in the U.S.
- Too young to die. Wellems, Bruce // U.S. Catholic;Apr2004, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p50
Encourages adults to take away guns from children in Chicago, Illinois. Ranking of cities based on the number of murders; Role of parents in teaching children about violence; Lesson that Jesus Christ teaches about violence.
- How to protect your kids from guns. Saunders, Carol Silverman; Brown, Christiane N. // Good Housekeeping;Jan95, Vol. 220 Issue 1, p157
Presents guidelines for protecting children from guns. Parents' awareness of where children visit and play; Laws for protecting children from gun violence. INSET: If you must have a gun....
- Faith in loaded guns makes life more perilous. Sandoval, Moises // National Catholic Reporter;5/17/96, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p18
Comments on a state law implemented in January 1996 in Texas that allows residents to carry a concealed weapon. Number of Texans who had completed applications before the end of February 1996 to carry a gun under the new law; Danger posed by loaded guns to their owner's families; Increase in...
- Gun controls laws are likely to increase shooting deaths. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;06/21/99, Vol. 28 Issue 52, p22
Comments on the potential effects of gun control laws in the United States. Likelihood of an increase in the number of shooting deaths; Results of studies on the role of the carrying of concealed guns in reducing gun violence; Effectiveness of gun control laws in preventing illegal acts.
- Proclamation 6935--National Day of Concern About Young People and Gun Violence, 1996. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/1/96, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p2031
Presents US President Bill Clinton's speech proclaiming October 10, 1996 as National Day of Concern About Young People and Gun Violence, given on October 10, 1996.