Australians swift and decisive on gun violence
- A Call to Disarm. NEWKIRK, GARY // Modern Medicine;Mar99, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p13
Urges the American society not to tolerate or accept gun violence. Policy change concerning confiscated weapons; Proposals of city officials to recycle guns and how it would help the city's budget; Preventing cancer versus preventing gun violence.
- GUN BAN UPDATE. // Ellis County Press;1/17/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p1
The article offers news briefs on gun ban policy in the U.S. as of January 17, 2013 such as the revocation of the Burn Ban Order 362.12 in Ellis County, Texas, the increase in gun purchases driven by the gun restrictions announced by U.S. President Barack Obama, and proposal to reduce gun violence.
- Memorandum on the Youth Crime Gun Interdiction initiative. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p1205
Presents US President Bill Clinton's July 8, 1996, memorandum for the Secretary of the Treasury, and the Attorney General, focusing on the Youth Crime Gun Interdiction initiative. Firearms violence in the US; Government's efforts to prevent firearms violence.
- Lessons from the front. Rosenberg, Debra; Wingert, Pat // Newsweek;6/8/1998, Vol. 131 Issue 23, p34
Focuses on a Boston, Massachusetts program from students suspended for carrying weapons. Number of major school-shooting incidents in the United States in 1997 and 1998; Features of the obligatory program, which includes group counseling and lessons in conflict resolution.
- A boost for safe schools. // NEA Today;Nov96, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on the reinforcement of the Gun-Free Schools Zone Act, which makes it illegal to possess or discharge a firearm in a school, or on school property. National Education Association's (NEA) support of the legislation; Provisions of the revised version.
- Gesture Politics. // National Review;6/10/1991, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p11
No abstract available.
- The story of a gun. Larson, Erik // Atlantic (02769077);Jan93, Vol. 271 Issue 1, p48
Examines the gun industry in the United States and explores a de facto conspiracy of gun dealers, manufacturers, marketers, writers, and federal regulators which makes guns easy to come by and virtually assures their eventual violent use. Multiple murder at Maryland school; Statistics of crisis...
- Evolution of Federal Firearms Laws. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul91, Vol. 70 Issue 6/7, p163
Traces the evolution of federal firearms laws from the first National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934 to 1988's Anti-Drug Abuse Act.
- Federal Firearms Regulations. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul91, Vol. 70 Issue 6/7, p164
Examines current federal firearms control laws including licensing standards, ammunition, and firearms sales. Discusses various requirements and exemptions for different types of firearms.