Making Resource Choices
- Complying with the Clean Air Act: The application process and economic incentives. Alexander, David // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;9/16/96, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p6B
Reports that the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has designed a new air-application form in an effort to computerize part of the Title V application process of the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990. Acquisition of permit to emit a controlled amount of listed substances...
- NYS DEC Poised to Enforce 1990 Clean Air Act. Fitting, Beth // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/12/98, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p6
Focuses on proposals to implement stricter regulations by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation in accordance with the Clean Air Act of 1990. Forecasts of business resistance to the act's provisions; Comments from state lawyers on the legality of the regulations.
- DEC toughens enforcement plan for major environmental efforts. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;02/17/97, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p51
Reports on the New York Department of Environmental Conservation's (DEC) introduction of a six-point plan to boost the enforcement of environmental laws in the state. Implementation of Clean Water/Clean Air Bond Act and the New York City watershed agreement; Hiring of additional staff for...
- EPA REGION 2. Karmel, Philip E. // Air Quality Committee Newsletter;
The article reports on the decision of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) to repeal its regulation known as Indirect Sources of Air Contamination, effective May 19, 2013.
- New York's Endangered Species Program. Nye, Peter E. // Conservationist;Nov/Dec84, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p26
Provides information on the programs developed for endangered species by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Number of species listed as endangered; General premises of species preservation; Landmark legislation in the Endangered Species Act of 1973; Key elements...
- Division of Law Enforcement Timeline THE EARLY YEARS. // New York State Conservationist;Oct2005, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p28
This article presents a chronology of events from 1880 to 1971 of significance to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Division of Law Enforcement.
- Spotty record. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/9/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 51, p10A
The article presents information on challenges faced by the Brownfield Cleanup Program introduced in New York. The program is currently lacking resources to manage the process. There is also lot of confusion over the new regulations set by the U.S. Department of Environmental Conservation on the...
- DEC announces brownfield grant for Putnam County. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/3/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p3
The article focuses on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC)'s announcement of a Clean Water/Clean Air Bond Act grant. The $240,000 grant has been received by the Village of Cold Spring, Putnam County, New York, for investigating environmental contamination there. It...
- THE ROUNDTABLE. // City & State;10/21/2013, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p27
No abstract available.