Public Awareness, Public Action
- Restoring Damaged Resources. Pataki, George E.; Cahill, John P. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2000, Vol. 54 Issue 6, A Special section p2
Highlights the achievement of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation in its goal to end the loss of irreplaceable resources and to work for their restoration. Achievements in restoring water resources; Achievements in restoring landscapes; Restoration of species.
- Managing Special Resources. Pataki, George E.; Cahill, John P. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2000, Vol. 54 Issue 6, A Special section p10
Highlights the 2000 report of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) on the management of special natural resources. Tools used by the DEC to manage special natural resources; Conservation and restoration of rivers.
- The continuing success of Return a Gift to Wildlife. Keeler, Shaun // Conservationist;Mar/Apr87, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p2
Discusses the achievements of the conservation program Return a Gift to Wildlife managed by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. Factual background on the inception of the conservation program; Partnerships with scientific and charitable institutions for research on...
- New York State Prohibition of Discharges of Vessel Sewage; Final Affirmative Determination. Enck, Judith A. // Federal Register;10/28/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 209, p66927
The article presents information on a notice from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regarding protection and enhancement of Jamaica Bay in New York City under the Clean Water Act. As mentioned, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) has proposed for the...
- Public Land, Public Trust. Hogan, Barbara // Conservationist;Sep/Oct86, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p3
Discusses the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's (DEC) guardianship of public land. Designation of funds to consolidate and provide additional access to public holdings; Purchase of areas of natural beauty, wilderness character and geological or ecological significance;...
- Question & answer. // Conde Nast Traveler;Feb95, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p30
Gives advice on travel. Includes resting between flights; Recommendation on European ski destinations; Prepayment of tips on a cruise trip.
- Training Our Environmental Conservation Officers. Thomas, Dick // Conservationist;Jan/Feb89, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p44
Describes the New York Department of Environmental Conservation's training program for Environmental Conservation Officers (ECOS). Responsibilities of ECOS; Features of the training program; Features of the training facilities for ECOS; Academic aspects of the training; Fire-arms training phase...
- I FISH NY. Cohen, Melissa; Stegemann, Eileen // New York State Conservationist;Oct2004, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p10
Highlights the I Fish NY program launched by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation in October 2004. Instructions provided by Family Fishing Clinics; Number of schoolchildren in New York City who were taught about fishes; Importance of the program in the preservation of...
- Untitled. Sheehan, Denise M. // New York State Conservationist;Oct2005, Vol. 60 Issue 2, preceding p2
Focuses on the commitment of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation to protecting the state's public health and natural resources. Accomplishment of the organization's Division of Law Enforcement, a group of game wardens established in 1880s.