Managing New York's Solid Waste
- DEC announces awards program for waste reduction and recycling. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/24/96, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p7
Reports on an awards program formed by the New York Environmental Conservation Department that would recognize exemplary waste reduction and recycling efforts of individuals or organizations. Criteria for selection; Application process.
- Shop to reduce waste. Swinn, Brian W. // New York State Conservationist;Aug95, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p39
Reports on the `Make Earth Choices-Shop to Reduce Waste' program of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and supermarket chains across the state. Participating stores; Education of consumer on waste reduction, reuse and recycling.
- A case study of residents' behavior in recycling renewable resources from collection sites in China. Chun-ping Li // Journal of Solid Waste Technology & Management;Aug2010, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p1107
Recycling and reusing recyclable materials are important to solving municipal solid waste (MSW) problems. This paper focuses on renewable resource collection sites (RRCS), explores existing problems in RRCS, investigates the behavior of residents, and integrates waste separation management with...
- DEC begins electronic report program for permit holders. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/08/98, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p35
Reports that New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Commissioner John P. Cahil announced a program that will speed the transfer of information between wastewater dischargers and the agencies. Advantages of the DEC program; Discussion on the program.
- N.Y. hits recycling target; groups worry about future. Truini, Joe // Waste News;07/19/99, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on the state of the recycling programs in and around Albany, New York according to the New York Department of Environmental Conservation. Percent of waste generated in 1997 that was recycled; Recycling rate; Recycling challenges facing municipalities; Participation and financial...
- REGIONAL ROUNDUP. // BioCycle;Aug2008, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p16
The article presents news briefs related to composting, environmentalism and recycling. The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) is hosting forums related to food scraps reduction and management. The Whole Foods Market grocery store, located on Prospect Street in...
- Managing e-waste. Moltion, James R. // Business Journal (Central New York);4/22/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p15
Discusses the management of electronic waste products in New York. Concern about the growing volume of end-of-life-cycle electronics due to the lack of any attempt to recycle; Problem of computer disposal because of the rapid turnover in computer technology; Recycle requirements of businesses...
- IOWA WASTE EXCHANGE DIVERTS MORE THAN 77,000 TONS FROM LANDFILLS IN 2004. // BioCycle;Jun2005, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p6
The article informs about the waste exchange plan in Iowa. Businesses last year saved more than $2.3 million from the hundreds of matches made by the Iowa Waste Exchange (IWE) in fiscal year 2004. Matt Rasmussen, business manager at the state's Department of Economic Development's Recycle Iowa...
- DEC releases plan to put New York on a path 'Beyond Waste'. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/22/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 121, pA2
The article reports on the announcement made by Commissioner Pete Grannis of the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) concerning the release of the draft of his Solid Waste Management Plan.