WILDERNESS SURVIVAL TRAINING
- Go Wild. RAY, MARK // Scouting;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p22
The article presents the medal training methodology adopted by the U.S. Army veteran, Danny Marchant in training scouts for the Wilderness Survival merit badge. He compares scout and military survival training and lists the differences in both approaches. He emphasizes on the importance of...
- Survivor Skills. Takayama, Hideko; Edry, Sandy; Krosnar, Katka // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);7/16/2001 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 138 Issue 3, p53
Focuses on Tom Brown's Tracker School, which offers classes on wilderness survival. Mention of how the school combines survival training with Native American-inspired philosophy; Skills which are taught at the school.
- Backcountry basics. Friedland, Lois // Ski;Feb96, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p24
Presents information on Paragon Guide's Mountain Skills workshop which is held at Beaver Creek, Colorado. When the class is held; Price.
- Bare-Bones Survival. Hagler, Gina // Odyssey;Dec2005, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p17
The article discusses the author's experience of learning the Bare Bones primitive survival course at Mountain Shepherd Wilderness Survival School near Lynchburg, Virginia.
- Outdoors-Woman Winter Workshops. // Dakota Country;Jan2012, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p37
The article provides notice about the North Dakota Game and Fish Department's "Becoming an Outdoors-Woman" program. Workshops in the program include cross-country skiing on January 26, 2012, snowshoeing on January 27, 2012, and a dog-sledding class meeting February 24-26, 2012.
- BABES IN THE WOODS. La Fontaine, Barbara // Sports Illustrated;07/11/1966, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p60
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in joining the first Outward Bound program for girls in North America.
- The Ultimate Experience in Education. // Parks & Recreation;Nov2002, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p82
Focuses on the Wilderness First Responder training in cases of emergency in the wilderness. Importance of the wilderness emergency training for students; Scope of the training course.
- Hawaiians On Ice. Boggs, Johnny D.; Wong, Fran // Boys' Life;Nov99, Vol. 89 Issue 11, p44
Focuses on the wilderness adventure of the Troop 42 Life Scouts from Hawaii who participated in a Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience course in Alaska.
- Wilderness survival learned by doing. Gladue, Yvonne Irene // Windspeaker;Apr2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p21
Focuses on the conference presentation of 'Life Skills on the Land Teachings' of Bob Stevenson in Akwasasne, Ontario. Emphasis on land, water, plants, birds and animals; Identification of display items; Types of edible plants.