A tree lover grows up in Brooklyn
- Plant a Tree! // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;4/12/2010, Vol. 78 Issue 21, p3
The article offers information on Arbor Day which is celebrated every last Friday of April as a holiday where tree planting and care are encouraged.
- Branching Out. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3 (Teacher's Edition);4/22/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 25, p4
Presents a classroom activity for children about trees and Arbor Day.
- Tiny The Tree. Spencer, Anne // Teacher Magazine;Oct99, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p46
Narrates experience of a teacher regarding the letter from the chamber of commerce which promised donating a tree to the school for planting on Arbor Day. Her plans on what to say in class if the tree did not arrive in time; Remarks made by the kids about the physical characteristics of the plant.
- WORD HOUND. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;4/27/2007, Vol. 76 Issue 24, p4
A quiz concerning writing a paragraph about tree planting for Arbor Day is presented.
- National Arbor Day Foundation announces Ten Free Flowering Trees. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);1/11/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the ten free flowering trees which will be given to individuals who attended the National Arbor Day Foundation in January 2007 in Texas.
- 1872. Schwarz, Frederick D. // American Heritage;Apr97, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p101
The article discusses tree planting project of the residents of Nebraska in their observance of the first Arbor Day. Money set by the State legislature for the project; Brief history of the Arbor day; How the project was adopted throughout the country.
- Arbor gives 10 trees to new members. // East Bernard Express (TX);3/15/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p2
The article reports on the giving away of ten white flowering dogwood trees to each participant who joins the celebration of the National Arbor Day Foundation during March 2007.
- Join the Arbor Day Foundation in March and receive 10 free trees. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);3/21/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p6
The article invites the public to join the Arbor Day Foundation through planting trees in March 2013 in Texas.
- Your forest today. Willis, Monica Michael // Country Living;Mar1997, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p30
Opinion. States that the Country Living joined the project of the National Arbor Day Foundation, a non profit tree-planting organization in Nebraska City, Nebraska. Aims of the project; Donations; Members activities of the project; Tour of the author in Country Living Forest; Some of the trees...