WETLANDS attract wildlife
- The wetlands issue and economic development: The case of Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. Quinn, Leslie H. // Economic Development Review;Summer92, Vol. 10 Issue 3, Summer 1992 p80
Discusses the wetlands issue and economic development in the case of Ouachita parish, Louisiana. Economic impact of guidelines on wetlands; Effect of the permitting process on economic development; Response of local economic development officials and Ouachita Enterprise Corp.; Extent of the...
- Wetland banks begin opening for business. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/23/94, Vol. 232 Issue 21, p30
Reports on the start of wetland credits by two wetland mitigation banks under Army Corps of Engineer rules. Florida Wetlandsbank; Wetlands Environmental Technology Inc. (WET); Search for new projects in Florida and along eastern seaboard; Reaction from environmentalists about the private bank...
- Free wetlands report available. // Salt Water Sportsman;Nov94, Vol. 55 Issue 11, Atlantic Edition pG
Announces the release of the report on the role of wetlands in the fishery industry of the United States. Contact information.
- An Examination of Wetland Diversity in Ventura County, California. Dark, Shawna; Maas, Regan; Mejia, Jason D.; Belliappa, Namrata // Yearbook of the Association of Pacific Coast Geographers;2006, Vol. 68, p79
Despite the importance of documenting wetlands for legislative and conservation purposes, little work has been done to provide a regional inventory of wetlands in southern California. In this paper, we begin the process of documenting the diversity and distribution of wetlands in southern...
- A wetland's worth. // Popular Science;Sep94, Vol. 245 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on an April 1994 study from the National Audubon Society showing that American wetlands contributed $72 million to the economy in 1991 and provided more than a million jobs.
- The Economics of Wetland Ecosystem Restoration and Mitigation: Discussion. Polasky, S. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec2002, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p1379
Introduces papers on the economics of wetland ecosystem restoration and mitigation, presented during a session at the 2002 annual meeting of the American Agricultural Economics Association. Relative value of different wetlands.
- The Economics of Wetland Ecosystem Restoration and Mitigation: Landscape Indicators of Ecosystem Service Benefits. Boyd, J.; Wainger, L. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec2002, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p1371
Presents an analysis method that identifies the likely differences in the social benefits of wetland mitigation services in the U.S. Middle ground between no analysis of services and econometric analysis; GIS-based indicators of ecosystem service benefits to improve regulatory site evaluation.
- Tax Tip. Egerton, Charles H.; Weingart, Christine L. // Journal of Passthrough Entities;Jan2009, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p49
The article offers information on the tax consequences of a mitigation bank in the U.S. It highlights the impact of wetlands and the numerous mitigation credits granted to the property owner from a federal authority. Administrative rules pertaining to sales and exchanges of property were also...
- Pasco Corridors: Using Mitigation to Achieve Watershed Planning Goals. Hull Jr., H. Clark; Hall, John R.; Tietz Jr., Robert J. // National Wetlands Newsletter;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p25
The article focuses on efforts of resource managers in Pasco County, Florida to tackle development pressures through use of wetland mitigation banking. To a developer seeking permits, the Florida regulatory environment is a multi-layered myriad of laws, rules, policies, and agency practices...