Small Mountains, Great Views
- Hike A Handful Of High Places. // Backpacker;Sep2002, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p40
Outlines a guide for hiking the trails at Adirondacks' Great Range in New York.
- YURT WITH A VIEW. Howells, Robert Earle // National Geographic Adventure;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p34
The article offers information on destinations in Adirondacks mountains in New York, suitable for weekend trips and adventure sports. Adirondacks is suitable for hiking. An overview of various hiking packages from different companies is offered. The package from the hotel Falls Brook Yurts...
- INNER NATURE. Hull, Lincoln // New York State Conservationist;Aug2015, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p8
In this article, the author offers information on his experience of hiking across the High Peaks of the Adirondack Mountains in New York. Topics discussed include him hiking with his father since he was a 7-year-old, deep thought and observation of his surroundings being the two frames of mind...
- The Adirondacks. Morrison, Wilbur H. // Catskills & Adirondacks (Adventure Guide);1995, p5
Presents travel information about the Adirondacks. Historically significant figures; Revolutionary War and the war between Britain and France; Steps taken to improve accessibility for tourists; Growth in cottage industry; Changing seasons; Local character; Area museums; New York State Department...
- The Catskills. Morrison, Wilbur H. // Catskills & Adirondacks (Adventure Guide);1995, p141
Presents travel information about the Catskills in New York State. History; Accessibility; What to see and do, including the Ukrainian Youth Festival, Monticello Raceway and Fort Delaware; Private preserves in the area; Accommodations; Camping; Hunting and fishing.
- Stalking the real hunter. Brizzolara, K. // Skiing;Feb89, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p80
First-person account of skiing at Hunter Mountain in Hunter, N.Y. Ski terrain; Easy distance from New York City; Trails; Food. INSET: Hunter Mountain, N.Y (Information).;HELP...and a hard line....
- The Mountain Island. Henry, Edward // New York State Conservationist;Apr2001, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p26
Describes Roundtop Mountain and Kaaterskill High Peak in the Catskill Mountains. Features of the peaks; Access to trails; Elevation.
- A Ski in the Park. Cutts, Joe // Ski;Oct2007, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p172
The article offers information and reviews of the ski resorts and trails located on Whiteface Mountain and Gore Mountain, New York.
- How To Lick Stress. Hendricks, Mike // Backpacker;Aug2000, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p98
Describes the Tongue Mountain Range in New York.