THE SGB QUESTION
- Wise sporting goods watchers are curbing their outdoor enthusiasm. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;10/11/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p9
Comments on the growth of sporting stores in the U.S. Increase in the interest of outdoor activities among consumers; Surge in the expansion activity of sporting stores; Concerns on the unsustainability of the growth of the industry.
- UPDATE. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/29/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p30A
Reports on the business performance of Indianapolis, Indiana-based athletic store, Athletic Annex as of September 2005. Sales results; Competition.
- In Sight. Freifeld, Lorri // License!;Jan2005, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p41
The article informs that with an eye toward brand extension, Bushnell Performance Optics licensed Boston Harbour LLC to develop a collection of Bushnell outerwear. Launching at MAGIC Marketplace in February and available at retail fall 2005, the collection will target outdoor specialty stores,...
- THE 100 BEST GOLF SHOPS IN AMERICA 2004. // Golf World;2/13/2004, Vol. 57 Issue 29, p6
Lists the top golf shops in the United States for 2004. Angel Park GC; Bandon Dunes Golf Resort; Bobick's Gold Headquarters; Arizona National GC; Carl's Golfland; Bali Hai Golf Shop; Blackwolf Run; Custom Golf of Connecticut.
- IN TOUCH. Hunki Yun // Golf World;2/13/2004, Vol. 57 Issue 29, p10
Features the Kansas-based golf shop, Wichita CC. Products and services offered by the shop; Revenue of the establishment; Prices of the golf supplies sold at the shop; Proprietor.
- SPORTING GOODS RETAIL. // Sporting Goods Market Research Handbook;2006, p29
Chapter 5 of the book "The 2006 Sporting Goods Market Research Handbook" is presented. It discusses the market trend of the sporting goods retail industry in the U.S. The data from the Census of the Retail Trade revealed that the sales in sporting goods stores which include full-line stores and...
- Surf, Bike, Run. // New York;11/4/2013, Vol. 46 Issue 36, p50
The article previews three new sporting shops in New York City in 2013, including Patagonia Bowery Surf Shop, Mott Street Cycles and Brooklyn Running Co.
- Women-only Nike stores. Mycoskie, Paige A.; Cohen, Sharon // Shape;Nov2001, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p52
Reports on Nike Inc.'s plans to open NIKEgoddess women's sporting goods shops in California. Range of product offerings; Shop features.
- Dicks Sporting Goods, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // Dicks Sporting Goods, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p1
Presents an overview of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc., a full-line sporting goods retailer offering a broad assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel and footwear in a specialty store environment. Company overview, including revenues generated in fiscal year ended January 2005,...