Shoppers Move to Extremes
- The trainers that went too far... Gray, Robert // Marketing (00253650);1/29/2004, p20
This article focuses on the retail sale of sports shoes. It asks, "What do the seemingly random Gel-Kayano, Chen-Tao, Shox, Candy and Mostro mean to you? If you're stuck, try thinking about them in relation to brands such as Puma, Adidas, Nike and Asics and you'll soon realize these strange...
- Russell's got game. // DSN Retailing Today;1/10/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p31
This article reports that Russell Corp. has transformed itself from a supplier of basic apparel items to a full-service sporting goods company that offers retailers an expanding slate of well-known apparel, equipment and footwear brands. The most recent example is Russell's mid-December...
- Light afoot. Murphy, Mark S. // Golf World;8/12/2005, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p4
Presents several golf shoes. Efforts of golf shoe manufacturers to balance technical properties and fashion statements; Views of golf professionals on the performance and design of the shoes; Features and suggested retail prices of the shoes.
- Little guys find ways to compete with chains. Battaglia, Tammy // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
Cites the sales strategies that Cleveland, Ohio-based independently owned sporting goods stores are using to stay competitive in a business saturated with big national retailers. Haney's Sporting Goods' Web site; Creative sales tactics; Cleveland Sporting Goods Co.'s customer service strategy;...
- retail IQ. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p61
A quiz related to sporting goods retailing is presented.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;2/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p25
Details retail developments related to the sporting goods industry as of February 17, 1997. Includes the closure of 50 Oshman's Sporting Goods stores; Merger of Las Vegas Discount Golf with Saint Andrews Golf; Home Team Advantage specialty store's opening in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;6/8/98, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p25
Reports on developments concerning sporting goods retailers in the United States as of June 8, 1998. Includes Sunny's Great Outdoors Inc.'s plans to double the number of its stores; Bass Pro Shops' sponsorship of a automobile racing team; JumboSports' intentions to open an additional store in...
- Sports Authority KOs competition, but contenders are still in the ring. // Discount Store News;7/01/96, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p74
Lists the top sporting good retailers in the United States based on sales in 1995. Sports Authority Inc., Sports and Recreation and Sportmart as the top three chains; Number of stores as of January 1996; Average store size; Comparison with 1994. INSET: Outlook..
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;10/5/98, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p37
Presents news briefs related to the sporting goods retailers in the United States, as of October 5, 1998. Includes protest staged at a Wal-Mart sponsored fishing tournament; MC Sports' expansion strategy under its president and chief executive officer, Bruce Ullery; Opening of Cabela's store in...