SGB Brings Industry's Top Young Leaders Together
- calendar. // SGB;Mar2009, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p60
The article presents a calendar of events related to the sports goods industry including Licensing International Expo to be held on June 2-4, 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada; ADA Spring Buying Show to be held during July 17-19, 2009 in Schaumburg, Illinois; and Interbike Expo to be held in Boulder...
- What's Happening With The Super Show? Carr, Bob // SGB;Nov2005, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p16
Comments on the lack of events and information promoting the 2006 Super Show held by the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association. Challenges facing the event; Attributions to the poor show management; Expectations for the 2006 event.
- Chapter Three: "How will I pay for this?". // Dealernews;Jul2010, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p37
The article provides tips for sporting goods dealers on how to prepare a budget for an event. It suggests the importance of planning and defining the desired outcome of the event. It advises dealers to publicize their event by producing fliers, hanging banners, and placing advertisement on local...
- Industry Icons. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Dec2007, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p14
The article presents quotes about how the sporting goods industry has changed from 1968-2008, from Mitchell Modell of Modell's Sporting Goods store, Julie Nimmons, chairwoman at Schutt Sports store, and Jerry Turner of Brooks Sports store.
- Game, Set, Match... Pallerino, Michael // SGB;May/Jun2010, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one related to leading retailers in sporting goods, one related to leading executives with innovative sporting products and strategies, and one related to executives growing in the sporting goods industry.
- 2011 CATEGORY LISTINGS. // SGB;2011 Outdoor Business Retailer, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p51
A list of sporting goods and service providers, based on their categories, is presented, which includes, Hour Energy for accessories, Alps Sportswear for apparel, and CAM Commerce Solutions for retail service.
- What's hot in sporting goods. // Discount Store News;8/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p49
Reports on the financial performance of the sporting goods industry in the United States in 1995. Leading sporting activity; Sales of different sporting goods categories; Includes sales for walking and jogging shoes; Top ten sports activities; Includes walking, swimming and biking.
- Untitled. Schlossberg, Howard // Marketing News;9/27/93, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p12
Present several developments in sporting goods industry. Frito-Lay's marketing and media agreement with the National Football League (NFL) and ABC; Dorna USA's formation of an Olympic Marketing Unit; Availability of specially designed automobile licenses featuring sports teams' logos in New...
- NikeTown New York City. Dorris, Virigina Kent // Architectural Record;Mar1997, Vol. 185 Issue 3, p100
Focuses on NikeTown in New York City, the flagship store of Nike Corporation. Interior design of the store; Use of architecture as a marketing tool; Futuristic look of the building; Special features of the building's architecture.