Doctor on campus: A general practice initiative for detection and early intervention of mental health problems in a rural Australian secondary school
- Educating for mental health. Eakman, B.K. // Vital Speeches of the Day;1/15/97, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p178
Presents a speech given by the executive director of the National Education Consortium, given before Hillsdale College in Michigan, on November 2, 1996. dealing with mental health education. Student assessment; Segments of the psychographic consulting industry; Misinterpretations on behavior...
- Professional training for consumers and family members:... Paulson, Robert I. // Psychosocial Rehabilitation Journal;Jan91, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p69
Presents information on the training of consumers and family members as mental health professionals through a MSW specialized mental health training program. Issues and problems in successfully integrating consumers and family members into traditional academic programs and mental health...
- A Survey of the Status Quo of Psychological Health Education in Qingdao Primary & Middle Schools and Preventing Strategies. You Na // Qingdao Daxue Shifanxueyuan Xuebao/Journal of Teachers College Q;2010, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p33
The article presents a study which examines the status of psychological health in the primary and middle schools in Qingdao, China based on the results of the survey and offers strategies on how the school can effectively execute the work of psychological health education.
- Mental Health First Aid will save N.H. lives. CARBONNEAU, ANNETTE // New Hampshire Business Review;8/22/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p15
The article provides information on the Mental Health First Aid training held in July, 2014 in Manchester, New Hampshire which aims to educate and change perspectives and reduce negative attitudes about mental illness.
- N.C. Student Raises Awareness of Mental Health Issues. // India -- West;9/25/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 45, pB18
No abstract available.
- Assumptions associated with mental health literacy training - Insights from initiatives in rural Australia. Anderson, Rosemary J; Pierce, David // Advances in Mental Health;2012, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p258
The impact of depression on the Australian community is well established. A number of approaches have been proposed to address this problem, including targeted programs to promote mental health literacy. This paper explores four assumptions associated with community mental health literacy...
- Social Interest: A Paradigm for Mental Health Education. Nikelly, Arthur G. // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Mar91, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p79
Presents suggestions for the improvement of mental health education. Need of mental health courses to abandon their emphasis on traditional academic and intellectual disciplines; Use of social interest concept to mental health education; Teleogical and phenomenological factors involved in human...
- Mental health education needs jolt. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/21/96, Vol. 43 Issue 43, p28
Focuses on the recommendation made by Michael Harrison, director of Hofstra Health Dome, regarding the importance of mental health education in children's growth and learning processes in the United States. Discussion of mental issues in schools; Reinvigoration of the health education curricula.
- New Mental Health Training Course Targets Territories. Bergstrom, Kathy // Plans & Trusts;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p28
The article discusses the development of a new training course titled "Mental Health First Aid for Northern People" by the Mental Health Commission of Canada which designed to improve mental health literacy to help people better manage mental health problems in the northern communities.