The Importance of Cleaning Lenses Prior to Spin Coating
- What you need to know about Lens coatings. Sosensky, Steve // Birder's World;Feb2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p22
The article provides information on lens coatings for binoculars. According to the author, all 42-mm objective lenses have the same light-gathering capacity. The difference in brightness between binoculars is their ability to get the light from the objective back to your eyes. There are several...
- EXPERT ADVICE. Brey, Curt; Cross, Kevin; Swalgen, Steve // LabTalk;May/Jun2013, Vol. 41, p28
The article shares expert advice for optical laboratory owners and managers. It advises to remember to check the cure ring when ultraviolet (UV) coating lenses. It cites the importance of operator training to a successful equipment setup. It says that laboratory which adopts high-tech tabletop...
- BUSHNELL ELITE 3200 3X-9X x 40. // Field & Stream;Aug2005, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p86
The article focuses on the Bushnell Elite 3200 3X-9X x 40 riflescope which has a fast-focus ocular lens and a Rainguard lens coating. The click adjustments are okay but not as good as those on more expensive scopes.
- Getting a Good Finish Begins with a Great Start. // Products Finishing;Mar2011, Vol. 75 Issue 6, Special section p14
The article offers information on conversion coating process which is considered as surface pretreatment. It is noted that iron and zinc phosphate are used as conversion coatings. According to the author the pretreatment industry has reacted to the finishers needs through creating new...
- parts cleaning clinic. Peterson, David S. // Products Finishing;Apr2004, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p32
Responds to inquiries about parts cleaning. Passivation to a standard QQ-P35; Cleaning of plastic automobile parts; Problems with powder coating when an in-line fabricator uses WD-40 and heavy oil-based cutting fluids.
- Powder Coating: Keeping Racks Clean. Heran, Scott // Products Finishing;Apr2004, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p42
Suggests two options to remove powder coating buildup on racks and fixtures to maintain electrical conductivity. Outsourcing of the cleaning job; Installation of in-house stripping; Advantages and disadvantages of the options suggested; Designs that offer better control over the oven...
- POWDER COATING CLINIC. Liberto, Nick // Products Finishing;Jan2008, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p45
The article presents questions and answers related to coating including the application for powder operation, the process of recoating an aluminum railing, and the ineffective alkaline cleaner.
- How to Throw a Proper Planetary Eyepiece Shootout Party. Chung, Jim // Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada;Feb2014, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p38
The article presents the author's initiative in conducting a test of various planetary eyepieces. He states that most modern optics with good coatings perform very well when they are compared on a level playing field. He mentions the need for the observer to have excellent seeing conditions in...
- CROSSING THE 'FINISH LINE' WITH AR LENSES. // 20/20;Sep2007, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p92
The article offers practical advise on how to make anti-reflective (AR) lenses safe from damage across the finishing process. It states that heat and pressure can damage both the coating and substrate of AR lenses. It has been suggested that the lenses must be handled carefully and as little as...