Labs Identify, 'Un-sung.'
- An Automatic Water Supply for Rodents. GRIFFITHS, DERRICK; SHAW, JAMES H. // Journal of Dental Research;May1960, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p639
The article presents a study that examines an automatic water supply for rodents. Because providing water for large numbers of rodents from bottles is a very time-consuming task in an animal laboratory, the authors decided to create an automatic water supply. Improvements in laboratory...
- Equipment Trends - Current Status. // Laboratory Equipment;2009 Lab Trends & Forecast Outlook, p34
The article presents a survey by Laboratory Equipment evaluating the adequacy of various laboratory equipment. The survey reveals that 17% of the respondents indicated that the system of environmental chambers are inadequate. On the other hand, 10% to 15% of the respondents pertain that their...
- Lab Equipment. // R&D Magazine;May2006, Vol. 48 Issue 5, pF18
The article discusses the changes that will occur to the equipment used in research laboratories. Casework has gone through cycles of metal, wood, and plastic materials, while fume hood systems are still in constant volume. Some changes have been made in the area of access to gases, vacuum,...
- Chapter 2. Setting up a peripheral health laboratory. // Manual of Basic Techniques for a Health Laboratory;1/1/2003, p11
Chapter 2 of the book "Manual of Basic Techniques for a Health Laboratory," 2nd edition, is presented. It explores the ways on how to set up a peripheral health laboratory which includes planning to construct a one-room and a two-room laboratories. It also highlights the needed equipment and...
- Safe Science: Applying safety in a modern research laboratory. Modica, Maureen // Professional Safety;Jul2007, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p24
The article discusses ways on how to apply safety in research laboratories. It states that modern research laboratories are complex environment with inherent, safety, health and environmental risks. These risks can be minimized by good laboratory design, careful preplanning of each research...
- CENTER/PILOT DRILL FOR DEEP-HOLE DRILLING. // American Machinist;Sep2006, Vol. 150 Issue 9, p20
The article features the XD deep-drilling technology of Titex Precision Cutting Tools. A soft bore is being made possible through its coolant-fed XD pilot with a point angle of 150 degrees. The technology also optimizes positioning precision and straightness of the holes produced. A thin film...
- LABTECH. // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 34 Issue 154, p26
The article evaluates several products used in optical laboratories, including Inspection and Blocking unit from A&R Optical Machinery, StopFlex Tool from AIT Industries, and OF-SR super hydrophobic coating tablet from Miki Sangyo.
- WHAT 'S NEW. Wimmer, Sandra J. // Government Product News;Jul2004, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p0
Evaluates several commercial products. Glow Baton 50, Traffic Controller Pro illuminated baton from Grace Industries Inc.; AOSafety Escape Hood CB Plus fume hood from Aearo Co.; Kitz Casual Colors paint from Masterchem Industries Inc.
- Order for Large-Scale Implementation of the New Coater LC Series Announced. // International Labmate;Feb/Mar2014, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p38
The article offers a brief information on Coater LC Series from Gebr. LÃ¶dige Maschinenbau GmbH.