Category Review: Graphic Novels Continue to Grow; Manga Dominates the Lists
- Category Review: Graphic Novels Set for More Growth; But Retailing Questions Remain. // Book Publishing Report;May2007, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the increasing popularity of graphic novels in the U.S. The popularity of this category can be attributed to the success of "The Sandman: Endless Nights," published by DC Comics. Moreover, some graphics novels are included in the lists of several journals including...
- The Sandman: Endless Nights (Book). Raiteri, Steve // Library Journal;11/1/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 18, p60
Reviews the book "The Sandman: Endless Nights," by Neil Gaiman.
- The Year in Books 2003: COMICS. // Publishers Weekly;11/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 46, p27
Presents several graphic novels by comics publishers for the year 2003. "The Sandman: Endless Nights," by Neil Gaiman; "Palomar," by Gilbert Hernandez; "Same Difference and Other Stories," by Derek Kirk Kim; "Nightmare Alley," by Spain Rodriguez.
- thought bubbles. Crawford, Philip // Knowledge Quest;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p43
Recommends graphic novels for various grade levels in light of the increased availability and awareness of graphic novels in the school library market in the U.S. "Courtney Crumrin and the Coven of Mystics," by Ted Naifeh; "Romance Without Tears: '50s Love Comics With a Twist," edited by John...
- The Art of Selling Graphic Novels. Abel, Jessica // Publishers Weekly;6/25/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 26, p18
Gives advice on graphic novel selling. Views of booksellers on the art of selling graphic novels; Importance of a graphic novel section; Organization of a graphic novel section; Benefits of an educated staff; Display and promotion strategies.
- Librarians Out Front at Comic Con. Kim, Ann; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;4/1/2007, Vol. 132 Issue 6, p15
The article reports on a celebration of the pioneering role U.S. librarians in bringing graphic novels to the public. The role was celebrated at the second annual New York Comic Con which was held at Manhattan's Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York. The event was attended by 400 librarians...
- The Word. // New York;4/7/2008, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p101
A list of Readings and lectures occurring in New York city between April 2nd and 9th 2008 are listed, including graphic novelist Ben Katchor, author Isabel Allende, and choreographer Doug Varone.
- COMICS CUT IT IN SHARJAH. // Publishers Weekly;11/4/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 44, special section p13
The author presents a personal narrative of his experiences searching for emerging markets to grow sales for graphic novels and his business relationship with director of the United Arab Emirates' (UAE's) Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF), Ahmed Al Ameri.
- That's Entertainment: Telling New Stories with Comics. Morales, Robert // Publishers Weekly;6/30/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 26, p49
Reports on an effort by publishers to experiment with a variety of comics and illustrated titles to attract new readers now that book publishing competes with the rest of the entertainment industry. Simon & Schuster's (S&S) publishing of graphic novel adaptations; Other S&S comic experiments;...