Silver Wing Strut
- Visiting air units bring $3.7 million to Tucson. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;01/11/99, Vol. 8 Issue 42, p13
Reports that out-of-town military air units conduction operations at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson, Arizona brought $3.7 million to the community in fiscal year 1997-98. Original purpose of Operation Snowbird; Number of units hosted by the base in 1998; Two benefits obtained by the...
- Pushing the Envelope. Bernath, Dan // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2001, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on the management change at the Air Force Test Pilot School in Edwards Air Force Base in Mojave Desert, California. Resignation of Major Douglas Dodson as regular commission in the school; Responsibilities of Dodson in the school activities; Statement of Dodson to the need of the school.
- Top-Notch Training. Houlihan, Sean P. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2004, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the educational reforms implemented by the Enlisted Professional Military Education Branch of the Air National Guard Training and Education Center at McGhee-Tyson Air National Guard Base in Tennessee. Initiative to increase the number of in-residence seats for its Airman Leadership...
- Pacific Air Over ALASKA. Ackerman, Robert K. // Signal;Oct2011, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p18
The article discusses Red Flag-Alaska, an exercise by the Pacific Air Forces (PACAF) in the Joint Pacific Alaska Range Complex (JPARC). About 100 aircraft and 2,000 personnel from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army ground forces and U.S. Pacific allies took part in the endeavor at the Eielson Air...
- Low-Level Combat Missions Demand Crew Coordination. Scott, William B.; Huachuca, Ft. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/6/2003, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p49
Reports on the nine-day course offered by the Advanced Airlift Tactics Training Center which teaches airlift crews aggressive low-altitude maneuvers and techniques designed to avoid being shot down. Components of the course; Main elements of instruction and training.
- Leadership and friendship in action. // Wilson County News;7/1/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p10E
Several photographs of Floresville High School Air Force Junior ROTC cadets Leadership Course held on the Schreiner University campus in Kerrville.
- Tactics Training Gives 'Heavies' Fighting Chance. Scott, William B.; Joseph, St.; Huachuca, FT. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/6/2003, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p46
Reports on a nine-day airlift tactics training course conducted by a joint U.S. Air National Guard and the Advanced Airlift Tactics Training Center at the Rosecrans Municipal Airport in St. Joseph, Montana in which pilots of transport planes are taught enemy evasion. Origin and development of...
- The AFFSA instrument quiz. Behrns, Ann // Flying Safety;Apr97, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p30
Presents a sample quiz on instrument approaches prepared by the US Air Force Flight Standards Agency. Includes latitude and longitude displayed at the bottom of the Instrument Approach Plate; Definition and basis of Minimum Sector Altitude (MSA); Obstacle clearance provided by MSA altitudes.
- SIMULATION AND THE FORTY-NINE WEEK UNDERGRADUATE PILOT TRAINING PROGRAM. Tripp, Daryle E. // Education;Summer76, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p336
Air Training Command's initiative in pilate training is flight simulation. From an overview of Undergraduate Pilot Training philosophy, production and curriculum, this article addresses problems prompting introduction of state-of-the-art flight simulators. Unlike earlier cockpit mock-ups, new...