- Operationally Ready? Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/9/2004, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p28
The U.S. Air Force (USAF) is about to declare its AGM-158 Jassm cruise missile operational, although a new set of test problems have cast a shadow over the project. The service first began fielding Jassm missiles more than a year ago, in part because the Calcm stock was dwindling. But USAF...
- Versatile AFTI F-16 Retired To Air Force Museum. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/29/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 5, p62
Reports on the United States Air Force's retirement of its Advanced Fighter Technology Integration F-16 aircraft after more than 22 years of service to the flight test community. Display at the Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio.
- USAF needs more F-16s to prevent `shortfall in fighter aircraft'. Macrae, Duncan // Interavia Business & Technology;Apr95, Vol. 50 Issue 589, p38
Reports on the US Air Force's requirement for additional F-16 fighters to prevent a shortfall in its fighter aircraft force structure. Scheduled completion of F-16 deliveries.
- F-16. Hoffart, Terry // Flying Safety;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 63 Issue 1/2, p18
This article examines the mishaps experienced by the U.S. Air Force's F-16 for fiscal year 2006 and points out lessons learned.
- USAF to sell surplus F-16s. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/22/1994, Vol. 141 Issue 8, p58
Reports on the US Air Force's sale of surplus F-16 aircraft from the drawdown of active-duty, reserve and the Air National Guard fighter wings. Briefings on F-16s sale to representatives of the Middle East, Europe and the Pacific Rim; Value of each aircraft; Associated sale of unmodified...
- New Targeting Pods Deliver `Litening Strikes'. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/21/2000, Vol. 153 Issue 8, p56
Reports that the United States Air Force Reserve Command and Air National Guard have installed Litening II targeting pods to their F-16 fighter aircraft as of August 21, 2000. Features and functions of the Litening II pods; Enhancement of the aircraft performance; Background on the U.S. Air...
- Improving F-16 safety trend. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/9/1998, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p11
Focuses on the safety rate of the US Air Force's F-16 jet fleet in 1997. Operational hours; Loss rate since 1978; Planes delivered from Lockheed Martin.
- F-16 Falcon. Stone, Lynn // F16 Falcon;2005, preceding p1
The article offers information about the U.S. Air Force's F-16 Fighting Falcon. This swift, lightweight, multi-role fighter aircraft has the capability and weaponry to both combat enemy aircraft and attack surface targets. F-16s were designed to operate in all kinds of weather and at night, and...
- Maintenance Matters. // Flying Safety;Aug2000, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p28
Provides information on some flying mishaps involving the United States Air Force. Problem with the anti-skid system on an F-15 Eagle; Accident involving a sick F-16 Falcon pilot.