Evidence-based design in hospitals
- The Impact of the Affordable Care Act on Healthcare Design. Nanda, Upali; Malone, Eileen; Joseph, Anjali // Contract;Oct2013, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p84
The article discusses how the U.S. 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act federal statute will impact healthcare design. Particular focus is given to hospitals will now be financially rewarded for improving patient experience. Additional topics discussed include the use of...
- Color RX: Designers heed color's therapeutic power. Budny, Ronald C. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/29/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p19B
The article reports that hospital designers are incorporating the therapeutic power of colors in their designs. Anne Procopio chose serene shades of blue and cool shades of huckleberry and sugarplum in her design for Franciscan Hospital in Massachusetts to soothe patient anxiety. According to...
- INTERIOR DESIGN EXCELLENCE & INNOVATION/PUBLIC DESIGN/COLOUR IN COMMERCIAL DESIGN WINNER -- THE ROYAL CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL. // Artichoke;Apr2012 Special Issue, p35
The article looks at the interior design of the Royal Children's Hospital in Australia, the recipient of the Interior Design Excellence & Innovation/Public Design/Colour in Commercial Design award, given by the Australian Interior Design Awards 2012.
- Want healthy patients? Ambience may be the answer. Cys, Jane // AHA News;03/29/99, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p9
Enumerates the factors of good environmental designs in hospitals to improve patient outcome. Noise control; Air quality; Sunlight exposure; Incorporation of outdoors and nature; Bed placement; Effects of furniture arrangements.
- Design magic brings nature inside. // Health Facilities Management;Jan2013, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p17
The article looks at the interior design concept for the National Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio including its wall graphics, flooring patterns, and lobby features.
- nbbj. Block, Annie // Interior Design;Dec2015, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p56
The article looks at the design of the Palo Alto Medical Foundation San Carlos Center located in San Carlos, California which include glass wall, end-grain redwood design of floor, and color-changing lights at the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) room.
- $uccess $tories. Utilizing Evidence-Based Design in a Community Hospital ICU. Spikes, Telisa; Aduddell, Kathie // Nursing Economic$;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p279
The article details the utilization of evidence-based design (EBD) through the community hospital project in the U.S. It states the strategic planning process for the construction of an intensive care unit, wherein the EBD features are documented as part of the requirement of constructing the...
- Banner's wait is over: Delayed by downturn, new hospital opens. Vesely, Rebecca // Modern Healthcare;11/1/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 44, p18
The article reports on the opening of Banner Ironwood Medical Center in Queen Creek, Arizona on November 1, 2010.
- Design's influence evident: report. // Modern Healthcare;5/26/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p33
The article discusses the findings of the study, "Evidence for Innovation, Transforming Children's Health Through the Physical Environment," by the National Association of Children's Hospitals and Related Institutions. The result indicate that evidence-based design has a positive impact on...