Middle can be Just Right
- APPARATUSDELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Sep2006, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p130
The article features fire trucks from several fire departments in the U.S. The Houston, Pennsylvania Fire Department has a Pierce pumper with 179 inch wheelbase for small rural areas with narrow streets. The Kalona, Iowa Fire Department's Alexis rescue truck has enough storage, provides a safer...
- FRI Preview: Rethinking Fire-Department Performance. Richter, Keith // Fire Chief Expert Blog;6/27/2012, p1
The article offers information on the Fire Rescue International presentation "Rethinking Fire Department Performance Through 'Optimal Outcome' Program," held on August 2, 2012.
- Training benefits evident in successful high-angle rescue. Reimer Sr., David J. // Fire Engineering;Dec96, Vol. 149 Issue 12, p10
Details the rescue of man who fell from an abandoned stone quarry in Kutztown, Pennsylvania by members of the Kutztown Fire Department. Collaboration with the police department; Strategies in extricating the patient from the quarry; Lessons for firefighters from the incident.
- COMPLEX EXTRICATION SAVES WORKER. BOGUCKI, SANDY; CONE, DAVID C. // Fire Engineering;Jul2001, Vol. 154 Issue 7, p37
Discusses the role of the Clinton (Connecticut) Fire Department in rescuing a man whose arm had been trapped in a corkscrew conveyor. Technical difficulties in extricating the victim; Possible amputation of the victim's arm at the shoulder; Situations that may best be handled by only partial...
- Exposing the Knight Review. // Fire;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 107 Issue 1360, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various topics within the issue including fire and rescue authorities, savings of fire and rescue services and fire industry of Great Britain.
- ST. LOUIS CONTRACTOR PROVIDES A BASE FOR CITY'S RESCUE EFFORT. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/18/2002, Vol. 248 Issue 10, p23
Focuses on the contractors' response to the request of aid for the rescue and recovery training of the fire department in Saint Louis, Missouri. Provision of materials for planning training exercises; Placement of a representative sample of a skip-joist high-rise slab system; Initiation of...
- FDNY Rescue 3 Ops at Train Derailment. ELLSON, JAMES P. // Fire Engineering;Sep2014, Vol. 167 Issue 9, p73
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences of participating in a rescue operation as one of the leaders of the Fire Department of New York (FDNY) Rescue 3 (Special Operations Command) to a reported train derailment with potential trapped civilians on December 1, 2013.
- Should we be jacks-of-all-trades? Chiaramonte, Mike // Fire Chief;Jul2003, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p12
Discusses the functions of fire departments in the U.S. Emergency and rescue services provided by fire departments; Identification of risks and hazards in a community; Factors to consider in a community needs analysis.
- MATCH YOUR GENSET TO YOUR APPLICATION. Gougebas, Ann // Fire Chief;Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p76
Presents a list of fire-rescue vehicles and genset types and sizes that match the application. Capacity of power-take-off and hydraulic generators for use in rescue vehicles; Applicability of portable gensets for brush trucks; Power requirements of command centers.