Play an Active Role in Mapping Evolution
- Sanborn Acquires Space Imaging Division. // Geospatial Solutions;Apr2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p54
Reports that Sanborn has acquired Space Imaging's North American Federal Civil and Commercial Solutions Business Unit. Plan of Sanborn to leverage the technology assets acquired from Space Imaging to provide single-source geographic information system solutions; Growth of Space Imaging's Federal...
- PRODUCT NEWS. // GEOWorld;Mar2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p34
The article provides information on several products in the geographic information systems industry including Bathy DataBASE 2.0 software from CARIS, Sanborn GEO-BOOK Author and the MyGuide 3300 portable navigator from Ares Digital.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Stone, Michael K. // Whole Earth;Fall98, Issue 94, p57
Focuses on the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) computer system used in mapping. Function of the computer system.
- Sanborn Purchases Space Imaging Business Unit. // GEOWorld;Apr2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the acquisition of Space Imaging's commercial and civilian value-added solutions business unit by Sanborn. Range of services that are part of Space Imaging's Federal Civil and Commercial Solutions capabilities; Growth of the business unit; Ways by which Sanborn will provide...
- Behind Sanborn's Indoor Mapping Initiative. OBEROI, SHARAD V.; AGARWAL, SANCHIT; COPPLE, JOHN R. // LiDAR Magazine;2014, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p34
The article discusses a report published by consulting firm MarketsandMarkets on indoor positioning and navigation (IPIN) market which states that the global indoor location market is estimated to grow from 448.6 million U.S. dollars in 2013 to 2.60 billion dollars in 2018. It mentions...
- Value Stream Mapping Reduces Workflow Steps and Costs. Bisognano, Maureen // Healthcare Cost Containment;Feb2011, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p14
The article focuses on the use of value stream mapping at ThedaCare Inc. on its hospital operation in Appleton, Wisconsin. The use of the tool helps the company reduced costs by 25 percent on redesigned inpatient units and reduced length of stay. The tool helps healthcare organizations to...
- A New Algorithm for Cartographic Simplification of Streams and Lakes Using Deviation Angles and Error Bands. Gökgöz, Türkay; Sen, Alper; Memduhoglu, Abdulkadir; Hacar, Muslum // ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information;2015, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p2185
Multi-representation databases (MRDBs) are used in several geographical information system applications for different purposes. MRDBs are mainly obtained through model and cartographic generalizations. Simplification is the essential operator of cartographic generalization, and streams and lakes...
- letters & comments. Crook, Laura; Green, Steven J.; Hummer, Randall L. // Point of Beginning;Oct2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Why Can't Johnny Pass The Exam," in the August 2010 issue, "A Tale of Two Professions," in the September 2010 issue and an article related to mobile mapping technology in the September 1, 2010 issue.
- MAPPING ECUADOR. Muhlenkort, Rebecca // Point of Beginning;Sep2011, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p20
The article offers information on Sigtierras, a land-mapping program by Ecuador Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Aquaculture and Fisheries. It informs that the aim of the program is to gather property ownership information and mapping land parcels for whole of the nation. Johnny Hidalgo...